“Wai, that was a foul just now! I just got confused for a moment seeing such a ginormous snowball!”

“Noisy. It’s your bad for getting careless.”

“Muu~! One more! One more round!”

Carol was already in the process of throwing another snowball at Toslin as she spoke.

“Well well, both of them are full of energy.”

A sudden soft and tender voice made me look beside me. A gaze just as tender as her voice was watching the two below play in the snow.

“You think so too? Uuu, it’s cold………….the kind of day that makes you want to stay inside.”

Although I had only just opened the window to get some fresh air, already the room had grown icy cold.

Oh yes. The person standing next to me is Rosalith Cuulbacall, another hyurian like me, and the older sister of our group being twenty years old. By the way, Carol is fourteen and Toslin is eighteen.

Rosalith………or Rose as I like to call her, is a priestess who follows the sacred teachings of the Illya Church.

In order to become a priestess, you must first join a monastery. Every day they must pray to the Goddess and do good deeds in her name. The Goddess sees all that they do, and only those chosen by the Goddess can raise themselves to becoming priestesses. They then gain the ability to perform miracles. That’s why a person with a wicked heart is never able to become a priestess……….or so they say.

Rose was always carrying a gentle smile. It’s been almost half a year since I met her in this town, yet I’ve never seen her without one. As a result, I’ve started smiling all the time too, even when I’m not doing anything. She has long, fluffy pink hair and is a truly lovely person.

“Is Iris not going to play outside as well?”

“D-don’t be silly. How can I have fun outside on a cold day like this…….and I’m not a little kid anymore. On days like this I’d much rather read a book next to a warm stove.”

“Ufufu. You really do love books, don’t you Iris.”

“Haha……… Well, I am the daughter of a bookstore owner. I’ve been a bookworm for as long as I can remember.”

Perhaps it’s a little late, but my name is Iris Calvafon. I’m sixteen years old, and my family have been bookstore owners since our ancient ancestors.

With that being said, because of a strange turn of events, I’ve been unable to return home for half a year now and have become indebted to the Shining Hen.

Closing the window, I picked up a book and sat down next to the stove just as a snow covered Carol burst into the room with a loud bang.

“Ho, Hold on! I give up! I said I surrender!”

“Shut up! I’m shoving it down your back as well, so prepare yourself!”

Toslin appeared next and grabbed the scruff of Carol’s neck with her right hand. She then shoved the large pile of snow she was carrying in her left hand down down Carol’s shirt…………

“HYAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!”

Carol started rolling around on the floor.

“Hmph. Take this as a lesson to not try and beat me using such cowardly tactics.”

I feel bad for Carol, but it’s a little funny watching this young girl writhe around in agony because of the cold snow.

“Wai, Iris is laughing right now! Don’t try and hide behind your book! I saw you!”