Chapter 8 - Symptoms

Emma and I then walked back into the room, and the girls asked what happened. I told them I didn't want to talk about it, and they were fine about it. I was glad.

"I feel like you guys are hiding something from us.. Are you okay?" Zoe asked.

"We're fine. It was just a sister thing" Emma covered.

They seemed to believe her. Suddenly, I felt the urge to puke. I ran out of the room and into the bathroom. The girls followed me, wondering what was wrong. They didn't know why I suddenly ran out of the room without saying anything. Emma was right behind me. I made it to the toilet, and began throwing up. Emma began rubbing my back, but then she stopped and I heard someone else throwing up too. Emma was puking into the sink.. We must've gotten a really bad cold at the same time.

"Are you guys okay?" Samantha asked.

I nodded, but continued vomiting. I sat up for a minute and said, "I think we just have a bad cold.."

Evelyn and Sophia nodded, but Yazmeen, Zoe, Samantha, Mia, Stacy, and Lilli didn't. They didn't seem to agree with me.

I began to puke once more, but after that, I was done. Emma told me she still felt terrible afterwards. I didn't feel any better afterwards either.

We brushed our teeth, getting the taste of vomit out of our mouths. We then walked back into the room, and the girls all looked at us. They looked like they were worried. We asked them what was wrong and they replied with, "oh, nothing".

------

Later, at about 8pm, Emma asked me, "Peyton, do we have any ice cream down in the freezer?"

"Um, yeah I think. Mum just bought a lot" I answered her.

"I'm gonna go get some. Anyone else want?" She asked. Everyone shook their heads, but I nodded and said, "I'll take a few scoops please"

"Okay.. I'll be back in a minute" She said before leaving the room.

"Are you sure you feel alright, Peyton?" Stacy asked me.

"I'm 100% positive. I'm fine, okay? And so is Emma"

"Okay.." Yazmeen said. I didn't get what they thought was wrong. I didn't get why they were keeping it from us either. I just let it go and sat back in the hanging chair in our room.

Emma came back a minute later, and she handed me my ice cream. I began eating it, and the girls asked Emma the same question they did me.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay, Emma?" Lilli asked her.

"I'm sure. I'm alright" Emma answered.

"What are you guys thinking that you keep asking us that?" I asked, wanting the answer, but what I didn't know was that I didn't wan the answer after I heard it.