11

Flamm’s arms are being swallowed by the lady with a flesh vortex of a face and she couldn’t pull free.
While she was unable to move, the ogre’s fist is drawing near.
If she couldn’t pull her arm off—then there is only one way to break free.

Flamm: “Sarah-chan, cast healing magic on my arm!”
Sarah: “Eh?! But if I do that—”
Flamm: “That’s okay, hurry!”

Sarah didn’t learn magic to hurt people, and Flamm understood that as well.
But Flamm’s eyes are desperately shouting “you are saving me!”.
Thus, Sarah overthrows her will and extends her hand.

Sarah: “Recover!”

Simply using Heal won’t be enough to heal the part of the arm that are already shredded.
Therefore she needed to use a more advanced spell.
The dazzling light shining from Sarah’s hands wraps up Flamm’s arm, seeps into it and dissolves it from the inside.

Flamm: “A…Ga…AAAAAHHH!”

Finally with her power, Flamm pulled herself free from parts of her arm that has been minced to pieces.
She gnashed her teeth, attempting not to lose consciousness from the pain. Rolling over, she managed to dodge the ogre’s fist.
BLAM!
The fist that grazed Flamm collides with the wall and created a glaring spiral shape.

Sarah: “Onee-san!”
Flamm: “Haa, haa, haa……kuh, Sarah-chan, let’s run!”

The two ran side by side.
The ogre who was on all fours glared at the backside of the two—and it broke into pursuit.
As expected, it was slower than when it was dashing on two legs.
Flamm and Sarah used the turns of the corner and opened their distance with the ogre.
All the while they ran, Flamm’s arm grew back and the pain disappears as well.

Sarah: “Are you sure you’re okay?”
Flamm: “I’m al-right…or so I’d like to say, fuh……but, I can, still go on…I think.”

Every time she felt pain, her spirits are worn down.
But despite her worn down spirits, remembering Milkit waiting for them in Enichidae, her spirits are immediately restored.
As long as she’s waiting, she can’t possibly die in this place.
She was out of breath because of her pain,
but as her body returns back to how it was before, the two ran through the facility at full speed.
As they tried to escape with utmost effort, the figure of the ogre eventually vanished.

Sarah: “Did we lose it?”
Flamm: “Yeah, perhaps. But we need to still be on our guard.”
Sarah: “That’s right, this time we can hear voices from everywhere.”

Save me; Please save me, those words are echoing all around them.
Perhaps it’s a trap that uses a dead body like the woman from earlier and they’re set up all around in the facility.
It seems like strength is not the only thing that’s improved of that ogre; its intelligence did as well.
Perhaps the original purpose of this research facility is strength improvement.

Sarah: “But what should we do? I feel it’s going to be difficult if we keep running.”
Flamm: “We can’t really do anything without beating him, can we?”
Sarah: “I’m not really good with light-attribute offensive magic. My highest damage output is this here mace……”
Flamm: “Me too, if this sword won’t cut it, then…”
Sarah: “For now we can only think of a way to improve our power. That, or we have to use some sort of device within this facility.”

While it’s true that they have came through some equipment used for experiments, they didn’t know how to use them.
Perhaps they’re already broken and can’t be operated anymore.
If that’s the case, they should search for a way to improve their power—but are they really going to be lying around somewhere?

Flamm: “Were there any light-attribute magic that can buff your status?”
Sarah: “I can’t use those as well. I’m ashamed of myself.”

Sarah lowered her head.