2

When that hero, Jean Intage, approached him with a talk about “selling a woman,” the merchant thanked god without even thinking.
On top of being able to make a connection with a person associated with the brave, that woman that was being sold was associated with the brave as well; there’s no doubt that he could sell her for an outrageously high price.
The merchant cautiously hastened the transaction.
If he displeased him even a little bit it would be a problem, he avoided any behavior like investigating to the possible limit, and thoroughly behaved modestly.
Jean also let out a mood which said, “Don’t investigate too much.”

——If one thought about it, a merchant should have grown suspicious at that point.

Towards Jean who was trying to hide the information one way or another, it would be a lie to say he was not suspicious.
However, it was something to the degree of only expectations being overwritten.
The first time his uneasiness exceed his expectations was when Jean handed over Flamm, and saw the moment where he mercilessly abused that figure.
He declared that, she was useless.
The girl that he was trying to sell for an excessive price, was abused in front of the man going to buy her.
How dare you do such a brazen thing.
Because he was excessively frank, the merchant told himself that it was only “a mere black joke.”
He still believed.
At least, until he bought her, brought her back to the base, and confirmed Flamm’s status.

“Damn it, I picked up an awful piece of trash! Thanks to you, I’ll be suffering a heavy loss! You, you”
“Ugu, uu…… fu, ha hyu…… higu……”

The slave trader grabbed Flamm’s hair and lifted it up, and kicked her abdomen many times over and over again.
Every time her voice leaked out, drool flowed out from the corner of her mouth.
When the drip of water that fell clung to his shoe, he was further irritated at Flamm and increased his act of violence.

A few hours after Jean left, the slave trader noticed that all of Flamm’s status was 0, and his face became ghastly pale.
Checking other people’s status was an extremely simple thing; Just use the non-attribute magic “Scan,” that anyone can use.

——————–

Flamm Apricot

Attribute: Inverse

Strength: 0
Magic Power: 0
Endurance: 0
Agility: 0
Intelligence: 0

——————–

Like this, with the magic that a great man from long ago made, there were rough numerical values, but on top of being able to quantify the target’s physical ability, it was able to to make clear even their attribute.
Normally, he should have checked before giving the money.
Nonetheless, if perhaps the merchant showed behaviours such as using the Scan, Jean would probably have refused to trade.
Besides, there was no way for a great man whose name was well-known throughout the kingdom to do some stingy behaviour such as deceiving a mere merchant——this was the result of great expectations.

A week has already passed since she bought her.
He did not find a buyer…… or rather, as an incompetent person with all her status totalling 0, she was such a useless “merchandise” that he did not even feel like trying to find a buyer, there was no longer any function other than being a sandbag.
However, even so, even that has come to an end.
Each time he sees Flamm’s face, the merchant would remembered his his failures in the future.
He was not bankrupt yet, but if he kept continuing to be a slave merchant, he needed to change his attitude, and steadily do business.
If that’s the case, then on top of being this useless, he had better dispose of this garbage that made him irritated him just by looking at it.
Nothing can be done about the lost portion, people of this gray business could not demand money from Jean.
Thus, he concluded as so.