Threat Pt. 6

X6 kept his head low as he raised his hoodie while walking down the crowded street. A man trailed behind him no closer than 40 feet, the subtle yet watchful eye he kept letting X6 know he was being followed.

He made sure to keep with the crowd while tucking his glock closer inside his jacket pocket. Those around him hustled to their own destinations oblivious to the deadly situation they could be in at any moment.

Making it to the crosswalk, he pushed his way to the front as he noticed the man quickly catch up. He wore a navy blue baseball cap, a black shirt, and simple dark jeans. The outfit was standard for blending into a crowd.

X6 couldn't believe his eyes as Naomi came strutting across the street- multiple cars beeping loudly. She crossed the busy street without sparing a glance at traffic- her high heels elongating her legs as she walked.

The large shades on her face hid her expression as she breezed past him. X6 turned to see her place a hand along the man's shoulder before they both turned to beginning walking back down the street.

He pushed passed the crowd now crossing the street to follow the pair. Did she know the man? Were they working together? X6 was almost sure she hadn't seen him considered she didn't spare a glance his way.

He trailed the pair, making sure he utilizing his training to remain unseen. They walked for another twenty minutes before arriving at the south central train station. He could hardly keep up as they made sharp turns and moved quickly through the underground station.

Just as he made it to the tracks, he looked around to see he'd lost them. People hustled about unaware of his searching eyes. The steady moving crowd and loud noises of the trains made it nearly impossible to spot the pair once more.

"Looking for me?" The voice startled him enough to pull the glock from his pocket.

"Naomi." He muttered in relief at the smiling woman's face.

"Surely you weren't going to shoot me." She interlaced her arm with his before leading him through the station.

"I should have." X6 smirked. "What happened to your friend?"

"Actually he was your friend, but I figured I'd help you out." She pat his arm and sent him a goofy smile that stirred his stomach.

He hadn't seen the woman in nearly two weeks and was fiening to fuck her again. The tight material that hugged her figure filled his mind with images of her atop him.

"I saw him." X6 settled just as they made their way back on the street.

"Then you should have handled it."

"I don't need to kill every idiot tailing me." Pulling his arm from her grip, he rolled his shoulders.

"Now that you're with me, you should. You've got a giant target on your back now."
...

X6 groaned in annoyance as the pair finally made their way into his apartment. Naomi had been begging him to take on some hit with her in Ireland. It would have brought him another half a million easily but he didn't agree to be her partner to form a squad. He simply needed a mutual relationship out of a woman like Naomi.

"For the last time, no!" He couldn't remember the last time he'd yelled like this.

"Stop being such a pussy. Where are you gonna get this kind of money?" Naomi whined, her heeled foot stomping as X6 slumped on to the couch to unlace his boots.

"I said no, Naomi, drop it." The grumble did little to suffice the woman.

She opened her mouth to say something once more before quickly closing it. The straightening of her spine had X6 realizing something must have been off.