Blunt

*The main male is whatever race you want*
*Unedited*

Viola watched on her monitor as women strut across the catwalk. She paid close attention to the lighting, ready to make changes before the audience knew any better.

It was a typical gig watching beautiful women walk down a catwalk for hours before returning to hibernate in her apartment. She would never tire in seeing the ways in which models made a fashion designer's ideas come to life.

In being with such a high profile management crew, Viola had the opportunity to travel the world and worked with some of the greatest designers. She'd found a deep respect and admiration for models that quickly replaced her previous envy.

As the show concluded, she packed away her gear and allowed the others to load it into the company vehicle. Pulling the headphones from her head, she made sure to fix the flattened portion of her curly afro before shaking her head to regain the shape.

Her hair was her pride. From a young age, her mouth instilled a love for her natural hair and taught her how to care for it. Now at 26, she wore her natural hair unapologetically to every event she attended.

"Viola! Your crew did an amazing job. I always know I can count on you guys." Victoria Gionni smiled brightly, her flawless complexion glowing naturally.

"It's actually Thomas' crew," Viola pointed to her boss, "but thank you. I'm glad you're satisfied."

"Thomas doesn't look good enough to be the face of the company, but you darling are stunning. Have you considered my offer? You could walk in my plus size selection and I guarantee you'll see a million dollars before your next birthday." The woman placed her hands on Viola's hips.

"I appreciate the offer, but modeling isn't really my thing." Viola knew from her job that modeling was more than simply walking down a catwalk. It was more demanding than she could ever have previously guessed.

"You have my number if you change your mind. I assume you'll be joining me for brunch tomorrow?" Victoria pushed her silky, black hair behind her ears before lowering her gaze to her phone.

"I wouldn't miss it."
...

"Good morning, Viola." The hostess greeted as Viola allowed the other two greeters to pull the large white, fur coat from her shoulders.

"Good morning, how are you today?" She asked although she knew from previous encounters they'd never answer. 

In being associated with Victoria, Viola was introduced to a whole new world she couldn't imagine existed. Victoria had taken a liking to her when Viola managed to save a stage disaster that would have ended Victoria's career.

Since then Viola had received more than she could imagine in designer clothing, shoes, makeup, and even skincare. Victoria made sure Viola never want for anything- always reminding the woman she was simply a call away from anything Viola could fathom.

Walking through the large mansion, Viola noticed all she could hear was the clicking of her designer heels and the soft hum of a smooth classical song. Since brunch was a less formal event, Viola had decided on a blood red, off the shoulder wrap midi dress that she knew Victoria would call cheap no matter how much Viola loved it.

As the staff opened the door to the second dining room, Viola prepared herself for the subtle ridicule of snobby billionaires. Per usual, the large afro and bare face caught the attention of the high profile guests who all stopped to stare, unashamed.

"Good morning." Viola smiled as she made her way to sit next to Victoria.

"You look beautiful as always. Where'd you get this? Ross?" Immediately Victoria began feeling the material of her dress, her nose scrunched in disgust.