55

[ Valentine ]

"Can't believe I saw Auntie Melissa today," I chuckled as we got into another Uber heading to Anaela's hotel. "She seemed like quite a bitch, no offense, bae."

I shrugged, "Everybody thinks that."

"And I can't believe you left Teece all alone back in Wisconsin," she swatted my arm.

I bit my lip, "At least that means a hotel room alone for us," I said in a hopeful tone. "No, we have to get dressed for this dinner date your aunt has set up. And my mom doesn't even wanna go."

"I don't blame her. I'm sure my aunt's coochie has gone stale since the last time your mom licked it."

"Gosh," Anaela covered her face. "Please don't put that image in my head right now. We're going out to eat food, Tino."

"Aww, you used my nickname," I smirked. "And I liked the way you said those two words together," I purred. She looked up at me, like she wanted us to kiss. "What words?" she breathed.

"Food, Tino."

I grabbed her chin and moved my mouth against hers, letting my other hand slid its way slowly up her lap. "Remember what we did the other day?" I whispered in the back of the 4Runner. "Well, if we get home early from the dinner maybe you'll have a better presentation than that day."

I started to lift her leg up and she squealed. "Tinooo," she giggled. "These pants are too tight anyways. I felt that in my vagina when you lifted my leg up."

The Uber driver cleared his throat.

We giggled in the backseat and played until we reached the hotel. "Dang, I don't wanna see another hotel for the rest of my life after all this," my girlfriend groaned. "Me neither," I sighed. I took her hand and helped her out of the car. The guy left without even waiting for a tip. We got shown to her room, only for us to find her mother sitting on her bed.

"What am I gonna wear?" she groaned to us.

"Um, Mom. I hope you're not getting too excited. Valentine and I date. So, you can't be getting with her aunt."

Anaela's mom rolled her eyes, "I'm not worried about that. It's just...ugh, I've always wanted her approval. We grew up together. She always did things in a way I never could. I've always tried to one up her. This is just so embarrassing."

My mom huffed as she tried to get her hair to lay right. "I need some Got2B!"

"Mom, mom. Here, lemme help you." Anaela went to her mom's rescue while I freed my feet and relaxed on a chair besides her bed.

"Well, at least you got an automatic 'yes' to the deal. That was easy as hell," I commented.

"It won't always be," Anaela's mom warned her daughter, like she was the one who had spoken. "Not every client or customer will have been in someone you know's drawers."

"Please Mom. My imagination," she groaned.

"I know what you two be doing. Don't even try to act innocent."

I chuckled, not denying a thing.

"What time do we even have to leave?" I asked Anaela. She shrugged, "She's your auntie. Ask her." I picked up my phone to text her when I saw a billion text messages across my screen. Well, my entire family knew my number now and that I wasn't missing. The joy.

I called Auntie Melissa first, so I would know how long it would take me to call everybody from here to the restaurant. "Hello with a splash of jello."

"Please don't answer the phone like that again," I laughed. "What time do we need to be there?"

"6, but by black folk time, 7."

"Wait, wait. You saying that like you den invited the whole family," I paused.

Anaela looked back from doing her mom's hair, stopping to see what was the issue. "Maybeee, I might have," Auntie Melissa said with a little laugh. "But we all miss you, and it'll be nice. We were all so worried, Tino."

"Fine," I sighed. "Just save me a seat by the door in case there's any drama."

"Oh, they'll be drama, alright. You know our people."

(Tell me why this has been a 3 month book 😭😭)