3

[ Valentine ]

"Soo, why do I have to gobble down my fries again?" Teece asked as I walked her over to a bench I had chose.

"Cause my girl wants her hair done and we gotta hurry up and make the money," I reminded her.

"Key word: Ya girl," Teece smirked.

"Teece, c'mon. I be good to you, just hurry up and eat so I can take her out and get this money."

"Why do you bother with shorty? She always wanting this and that. You gon end up bankrupt." Teece shook her head. "No money on my card headass," she chuckled. I leaned back against the bench, opening up my burger. "Teece it's not funny. She has daddy or mommy issues....I forgot. She's just a little clingy. She keeps me on my grown woman shit though," I stood up for my baby.

"Girl, first of all, you not grown. Second of all, you not on no type of shit except damn near debt." Teece turned to me, French fry in the corner of her mouth. "You can't keep doing this fam. We sposed to be getting out of this trouble. We sposed to be living lavish," she told me.

"I know," I sighed, shaking my head to clear my thoughts. "But Keris gotta come along on the ride." Teece snorted, "Keris can come bag weed or buy us bleach or some shit."

I turned to Teece, raising a brow. She quieted down and I relaxed back. "I'm not even hungry anyways," I said getting up. My stomach grumbled in response but I threw away my burger and full bag. Teece looked like she was about to have a seizure seeing me do that.

"Do you even eat anymore fam? Keris gon have you aging forwards," she frowned.

"That's the only way you can age, Teece," I rolled my eyes, tiredly. "C'mon, let's go."

"Ight, but when you 90 pounds don't expect me to push you around in a baby stroller."

After we robbed the elderly couple some old woman told us to rob, we collected our money from underneath the doormat of her abandoned house and made our way back to our side of town.

"That was easy as hell. He couldn't pull his breathing machine fast enough to chase us," Teece cackled. "Teece, you is wrong fo dat," I shook my head, counting our dough.

Teece was driving us back while I assess our money. "Okay, two hunnid to me, two hunnid to you. And one hunnid to our dream," I told her with a smile.

"We almost got three thousand saved up, Tino. We can do anything with this money," she said with a dreamy expression. She almost ran a light and slammed down on the breaks.

"Anything but waste it," I said breathlessly, catching my bearings.

"What are we going to do with this?" I looked over at her once we were both calm. "I don't know. We could start a business, get a place somewhere else. Move to a new city or state and start new," she suggested.

"Houston is getting old," I commented, watching the familiar landscapes roll by. "Hey, your soul mate might be somewhere here," Teece chuckled. "Oh, I forgot you're still stuck on little miss Keris," she sneered my baby's name.

"Keris is a queen, Teece. You just haven't found yours yet," I said, shaking my head.

"No, Keris just hasn't found her crown," she told me pointedly. "Now..I'm going to start searching for things that could get us some money, so you can take care of your prin- your queen."

"Thank you," I laughed.

"Can I trust you and your gold digger to keep our three thousand safe at your place? I don't wanna pay interest or whatever for it to just be sitting up at some white folk bank," she told me.

"You have the three thousand in cash?" I asked, frowning. "I found a way," she winked. "Okay, Teece."

Teece playfully tapped her chin as she drove into my apartment complex. "We could start a makeup business. Or maybe do customized socks?"

"Lingerie?" I suggested with a shrug.

Teece eyes widened. "Yoo, mad females and money. The best combo. We don't know shit about lingerie though," she frowned.

"We could get Keris to help us with business ideas and designs. That'll give her something to do. And she can make some money," I offered. "And stop leeching off of me," I said under my breath. "But, um, what's up with that little shorty from the drive thru?" Teece smirked, nudging me.

"Nothing. I was just interested. Saw something I liked," I looked out the window, dread forming in my stomach as I neared Keris' presence. "Chile, she got a spell on you or something? You always look..forced happy around her," Teece frowned, noticing my unmaskable expression.

"She's been pushing for a baby a lot recently," I revealed. It had to be said, Keris was being a bitch about wanting a kid and wanting to be spoiled more lately. I have my suspicions that she's cheating. That she feels guilty. That she thinks a child will fix it all. Truth is, Keris is toxic enough for the both of us, and I can't imagine her raising a healthy child, emotionally or physically.

"Tino, y'all two do not need a kid. That's the worst combination ever," my friend said seriously. We pulled up in front of my crib. "You and Keris take care. Ima be grinding about our business or whatever the fuck we gon be doin for awhile. We gotta get shit up and moving."

I took in Teece's words as I observed the neighborhood Keris and I lived in. "I gotta do better mane."

"No, we gotta do better," Teece said seriously, patting me on the back. "Good luck."

"I'm gonna need it," I said, checking the time and feeling the weight of the two hundred dollars in my pockets.

(Teece)
(Leo)
(Stud)