chapter 1

Ah shit! i had that nightmare again!
I sat up on the bed startled.

Aish not again.... I have to forget it for now no matter what! Ugh my head hurts.

I eyed the clock. Crap! If I don't get up now I'm gonna be late for my very first day of school.

I got up quickly, put on my uniform, tied my hair into a neat ponytail and quickly went out with a piece of bread in my mouth.

I finally managed to get there on my time. Phew! Finally! Thank God!

Annyeonghaseyo~ jjeoneun
y/n-imnida. I am an exchange student from India and I'll be under your care from now on. Thank you for taking me in and I wish to make a lot of memories in this school.
Kamsahamnida!

I finished my introduction and scrolled through the faces in the class; some were genuinely happy while some were bored, there were a couple of fake smiles and some were looking me up and down.
There was this one guy who did not even look up.

I mopped my forehead with the back of my hand

Whew! what a great start!

I was told to sit beside a girl who looked adorable with short hair and beady eyes staring at me with a small smile on her face. As the class got over we introduced ourselves and talked 'bout random stuff.

She said she did not have any friends because she was a comparatively new student as well. So we decide to hang out together from then on. We went to the canteen together. I was absolutely thrilled on getting a new friend on the very first day of school.

The next classes went on smooth. I got introduced to my subject teachers and we got various homeworks and assignments to solve.

_

On my way to the school gate i accidentally bumped into a guy who was that 'weird one' from our class, the one who did not even look up when i was introduced.

"Oops sorry!" I exclaimed.

"Look where you're going dummy"

"Chesonghamnida~"

"Tsk!" He hissed and went on his way.

Aishhhh this kid is rude!

_

After i reached home and washed up my phone beeped.

I have been added to the class group.

I introduced myself once again and got some casual responses like hey, hi, ntmy and stuff.

I got a new message this time from a personal number- "hey y/n!"

Oh it's Bong Soon - the girl i sat with in class.

I texted back " oh heya bong soon ah.... Jal jinnyesyeo?"

"Yep doing good"

"Thats great! So what you doin'?"

" I just washed up and was chewing on some kimchi when i remembered i need to add you in the group and so i did. By the way are you living alone here? Where are your parents?"

I froze in my place but composed myself within seconds and replied

"Y-yeah they are living in India. They won't be coming here."

"Ah wae~ you must be lonely by yourself.... Tell them to come here and stay with you!"

"Yeah :-)" - i replied my hands trembling.

I did not realize until i saw a drop of water on my phone that i was actually crying.

No no y/n no!

I wiped my face with my sleeve.

You need to get yourself back up!You can't dwell on it forever! You have to get back up!