48 | distractions

❝ 𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒐𝒓 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒔
𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒈𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰'𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒎,
𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔, 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏 ❞

𝑳𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒉

* * * * * * *

T H E A

I'm twenty-one in two days. Two freaking days.

Rio hasn't said much about it but honestly, I don't mind. Perhaps he doesn't want to make a fuss about it just as much as I didn't feel the need to.

Although it would be nice to do something, there's also so much going on around us that it doesn't even feel as though I could plan anything.

Still, it's okay. I honestly don't mind.

"Thea motherfucking Walker!" Myla yells as she runs into the bedroom and dives onto the bed, bouncing back up a little from the momentum.

I almost jump out of my own skin, not even realising she was in the house as she practically scares me half to death. "Jesus, Myla, you scared the crap out of me!" I gasp and she laughs, throwing her head back as she lays down on the bed.

"Do you know what day it is?" She asks and I furrow my brows. "Your birthday eve eve!"

I chuckle, rolling my eyes playfully as I run my hand down the side of my face. "Myla," I groan and she nudges my arm playfully.

"Come on, get out of bed. We're going to the salon." She explains and I knit my brows. The salon? Why would we go there?

"My moms salon?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Nope. Come on! Let's go!" She whines as she gets up and pulls my leg, almost dragging me out of the bed completely.

I get up and look over at her, still confused by this whole situation. "Where's Rio?" I ask and she walks over to my dresser, taking out some clean underwear and throwing it in my direction.

"With Jacey, now hurry up and get ready." She scolds and I scrunch my nose up as I walk over to the ensuite and close the door over behind me, freshening myself up while Myla impatiently waits in the room.

Once I'm ready, I head back into the bedroom and find Myla sat on the end of the bed with one of my dresses in her hands. "Uh.. I take it this is what you want me to wear?" I say, dragging my words out slightly and she nods her head, a smile growing on her face.

"You are very correct my friend, now move your ass and put it on." She replies as she hands it to me.

Taking it from her, I slip it on and take a quick glance at myself in the mirror. "It's very summery." I comment and she continues to look at me, not responding as she now passes me a pair of sandals. "Myla, it's not warm enough to wear this out. I'll freeze." I tell her but she doesn't appear to care for what I'm saying, instead walking over to my nighstand and picking up my phone.