30 | commitment

❝ 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝑰'𝒅 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒄𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖,
𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒉𝒐𝒘
𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆,
𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒐 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒏𝒐𝒘 ❞

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑮𝒐𝒐 𝑮𝒐𝒐 𝑫𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒔

* * * * * * *

R I O

I run through the house, desperately trying to find a good spot but I can't find anywhere to hide him. Shit. Think Rio, think.

"Get your ass back here now, boy!" My dad's voice booms through the house, causing me to flinch instinctively.

Knox shakes beside me, his whole body cowering and huddled up so close to me, he's practically moulding into my skin.

"Just stay quiet," I tell him. "It's okay." I add as I try my best to comfort him while I run my hands through my hair, my head spinning while I try to find somewhere safe to hide my brother.

"He's really angry," Knox mumbles, rubbing his glossy eyes with his hands. "I'm scared." He continues, his voice cracking as he cranes his neck to look up at me.

I frown, glancing down at him. "I know, I know." I reply as I sense my dads presence growing nearer by the second. "Come on," I say as I pull him with me, entering the bathroom and head towards the sink, opening the cabinet door and making space for him to fit.

"I don't want to, Rio." He chokes and I press my lips together, trying my best to be strong in front of him.

"I know, but you have to. Just be quiet and whatever happens, don't come out until I say so. Okay?" I tell him and he folds his bottom lip over as it begins to quiver, his eyes pooling with tears.

He hesitates before nodding and I kiss his head, pushing him into the cabinet before closing the doors.

Seconds later, I hear my dads footsteps at the end of the hall and I take a deep breath, attempting to brace myself for whatever will happen next.

My hands ball into fists beside me, clenching and unclenching repeatedly as he appears by the doorway.

I notice a baseball bat in his hands and automatically clench my jaw, feeling myself tense through a mixture of anger and fear.

"Where is the little shit then"? He asks, referring to Knox.

As an instinct, my dire need to protect him begins to over-power reality. "If you touch him I swear to god.." I threaten and he looks at me mockingly before he starts to laugh, throwing his head back slightly in exaggeration.

"What? You'll what? You're nothing but a little boy Rio. I'm much bigger and stronger than you'll ever be, don't forget that." He sneers and I stare up at him, knowing that he isn't wrong.

He's at least six foot seven, possibly even taller, and all muscle. Like a rock, literally. There's no way in hell that I'd ever stand a chance against him, but if it meant protecting my brother, then I'd do whatever I could.