36: Apparently babe!

Start from the beginning

"Just because someone wants me dead, doesn't mean I am going to die. I...just have to find out who is behind this. Until then, it's better if everyone stays away from me" Vikram looked at her.

"When did this murder thingy start..first of all?" Anika leaned forward, curiously,yet confused. 

"Anika, I asked you.." Vikram rolled his eyes as Anika interrupted, "I can't remain quiet knowing all this stuff, okay!"

"The lift incident....that happened a few weeks back.....it wasn't an accident...It was planned"

"The lift...you mean when you and Suhana were stuck inside..?"

"Yeah! What kind of a fool would even plan for something stupid like that? I mean I would have considered better ways to murder a person than just locking up in a elevator" Vikram chuckled. 

"Shut up Vikram, everything's not a joke. Wait..." Anika's eyes glued on the floor as innumerable atoms were processing in her head, as she came to a conclusion. 

"...Is that the reason why you broke off the engagement?" Anika's eyes moved back to him.

"No" Vikram said bluntly as he continued, "You should probably leave to that campy thing" He diverted. 

"Yeah right, It's getting late, your bags are packed?" She looked at him with a pair of innocent eyes.

"Ugh for God's sake not again!" Vikram narrowed his eyes. 

"Okay then, give me one good reason why you don't want to join us?" Anika crossed her arms against her chest.

"Uh..Because I can't tolerate certain people over there"

"You mean me and rohit?" Anika faked a shocked face as Vikram hit his forehead.

"You do know that Harshad has organized this camp right?" Anika shrugged, "And that's exactly why I don't want to come!" He looked away.

"Idiot! That's exactly why you should come! He is such an annoying person, but he is....dangerous " Anika decided to plant something that wasn't true, but worth a try.

"What?"

"Yeah, I can't stand a minute against him! Do you know he even misbehaves with....you know..... women" Anika rolled her eyes away, trying her best not to laugh.

"He does, What?" Vikram grit his teeth, clenching his fist.

"Yeah there are some silent whispers amongst the hospital staff...that's why I am saying we should accompany Suhana" Anika said in a high pitch tone, exaggerating. 

"What are you still thinking? We don't have time!! What if something happens to Suhana or...me in the camp?
Do you think Rohit can help us? Ugh no he can't even slap a guy!" Anika said dramatically. 

"I am sorry Rohit!" She murmured under her breath.

• • • •

"What is taking her so long" Suhana impatiently moved her eyes from her watch to the parking lot.

Megha hadn't arrived yet and so hadn't Anika.