1.

Team 7 was just coming back from a mission that took about a week and a half. Naruto was beaming happiness. He was so tried of the mission because he thought it was the most boring mission in history to him. The mission in fact was a fairly simple was a very simple mission. All they had to do was escort a princess to her home country. The mission had no interruptions and this made Naruto want to come home right away. He was so relieved once they got to the Hokage Tower.

"Alright team 7 you've completed your mission. I'll give you guys a break so that you can rest up your energy for others missions. So you can all have a week off." Said Lady Hokage.

"YES!" Naruto exclaimed. He quickly ran out the Hokage's office, and headed for the Ichiraku Ramen stand. After he finished his 10 bowls he paid and said goodbye to Teuchi and Ayame. He then went to go and find Shikamaru and hang out with him.

Naruto found Shikamaru on top of his favorite hill watching the napping. Naruto came closer to him and watched as his chest rise and fall. He looked absolutely peaceful. As Naruto watched Shikamaru sleep he noticed all the details of Shikamaru's face he had never seen before. Naruto just concluded that since he was a very energetic person he never really toke the time to notice the details on people's faces.

Naruto saw that Shikamaru had a very sharp jaw line and a sharp nose. He also had long but not too long eyelashes. Naruto thought he looked absolutely handsome. Naruto with his own will began to play with Shikamaru's hair. It was surprisingly soft. He thought it would be rough because of how spiky it always looked.

Since Naruto was playing with Shikamaru's hair Shikamaru began to stir and wake up. He woke up to see Naruto's face right in front of him. Naruto blushed and turned his face away from Shikamaru. Shikamaru thought it was cute how Naruto got embarrassed, but didn't say anything. Naruto came out of his flustered state and said something first.

"Hey Shikamaru!" Naruto exclaimed. "I just came back from a mission, and it was the most boring one in history!" Naruto groaned.

"Sounds like it was fun then," Shikamaru replied calmly. Naruto huffed out of annoyance, then continued on with the conversation.

"So what have you been doing then?" Naruto asked in a curious way while tilting his head to the side a little. Shikamaru had to hold in the erg to coo because Naruto looked adorable to Shikamaru.

"Nothing much actually. My team had no missions today, so Lady Hokage told us to rest for today," Shikamaru said in his same calm voice.

"That means we can hang out today since my team also has no mission to do." Said Naruto with a smile. "Let's go to the hot springs first and then-."

"Actually Naruto as fun a that sounds Lady hokage told me personally that one of the Kazekage's siblings, Temari would be coming to the Leaf and I have to be her personal escort while she's here. It's really troublesome I know." Shikamaru said, kinda tired from talking a lot.

Naruto's smile faltered. He actually really wanted to hang with Shikamaru today. Him being with Temari made Naruto feel...jealous. He couldn't help but feel like that for some reason. His face however quickly went back to his usual smile. "That's fine Shikamaru I'll see you tomorrow," said Naruto while running away.

Once Naruto left Shikamaru sat back down thinking about what would happen tomorrow since that's the day Temari will be coming. Temari had been sending him letters all the time saying how once she got to the village they would have so much 'fun' together. His mother, Yoshino kept on pestering him about how he was playing it hard to get even when Temari always showed her interest in him. This made Shikamaru feel nervous on whether or not Temari liked him.

Shikamaru sighed as got up from the hill and made his journey home. Tomorrow late morning Temari was to arrive, and he didn't want another lecture from his mom and Lady Hokage about being late.

When Shikamaru got home he quickly headers inside and went straight to his bedroom to sleep. Tomorrow would be a long and troublesome day for him.

---------------------------

Once Shikamaru got to the Leaf Village Gates he saw Temari standing there with two bodyguards guards standing side be side next to her. She quickly leaped over to him and started talking.

"Shikamaru! Finally your here it took you like forever!" Exclaimed Temari. She was wearing a white shirt with a purple shirt and a steal breast pad with red strings over it. "Sorry about that that I guess," mumbled Shikamaru.

"That's fine. Anyways let's go to your house I want to meet your mom!" Said Temari while dragging Shikamaru with her. Leaving the two bodyguards standing there utterly confused about what just happened.

When they got to Shikamaru's house they were met with Shikmaru's mom excitedly welcoming them in. She also, while Temari was busy looking at the house, shot Shikamaru a wink. Shikamaru in turn looked away from the woman mumbling troublesome under his breath. Then Temari came back into the main room where Shikamaru and his mom where and started talking with his mom.

Shikamaru swore the two acted like they were like they long lost friends or something.

"Oh Yoshino-san your house is absolutely wonderful!" Said Temari.

"Why thank you Temari! Now why don't you and Shikamaru go out for a while. I'm sure he would love to hang out with you." She said, wiggling her eyebrows at Shikamaru who was sitting on the couch. Shikamaru just scoffed silently.

"Oh yeah we should! Come on Shika come show me around the village!" She exclaimed, dragging Shikamaru with her. And with that they left leaving Yoshino to wonder how long it would take for Shikamaru to finally confess that he 'loved' Temari and would ask to marry. Little did she know that her son already had his heart for someone else.

---------------------------

"Come on Shika let's go to the shop first I want to get some new clothes!" Said Temari as she dragged Shikamaru to the nearest clothing store. As they entered Temari left to go shop leaving Shikamaru on his own.

'Wonder what Naruto's doing right about now' thought Shikamaru. He much rather be hanging out with Naruto if it weren't for the Hokage and Temari.
Shikamaru just hoped that Temari's stay would only be a few days so he could go hang out with Naruto.

Sure enough Temari came back to Shikamaru with a buttload of bags full of clothes. Shikamaru groaned as he knew he would be the one to carry all of them.

"Hey Shika could you carry these bags for me?" Asked Temari. Shikamaru didn't even have time to respond as Temari just quickly gave all the bags to him, and again started dragging him to the next store she wanted to go to.

---------------------------

Shikamaru plopped down on his bed after dropping the woman at her hotel she was staying in while she was in the Leaf. Shikamaru felt his arms were sore from all the bags he carried for Temari. He couldn't wait for her to go back to the Sand. At least then he would get a break from the so called 'troublesome' woman. He sighed before he slowly drifted off to sleep, thinking about Naruto and him being together.

____________________________________

1,275 words

Thank you for reading