SEVENTEEN

Ashanti

I shut the car door and locked it as Keem carried out some baby stuff from the car. It was raining lightly.

Since Keem was locked up, I never got a chance to go baby shopping for clothes or toys or car seats or pushchairs or anything. All we've got in the babies' room so far are two cots.

Yesterday, Keem and I painted up the room. I was pink and purple in one side and dark purple and blue on the other, since we both love purple.

I rubbed my stomach as I washed, carrying a car seat in my other hand.

"Ah!" I hissed quietly, feeling a blunt pain in my lower stomach.

"You alright, baby?" Keem dropped the stuff he was carrying in the front door the came to me. "Wa'gwan?"

I shook my head. "I'm fine, just a bit of pressure," I said.

"You're going straight to bed when you get in," he said, taking the car seat from me.

"I'm fineeee," I shushed him. "I'd tell you if I was feeling anything wrong,"

"Mm," he hummed. "Okay,"

I stepped through the front door and went to the bathroom to pee and wash my hands. Keem came in shortly after me to wash his hands too. Can't risk getting COVID right now, whew.

I fake cried a little as I struggled to stand up from the toilet and flushed it.

"One more month," Keem reminded me, helping me up.

I nodded. "Then we get to finally see our babies," I smiled and washed my hands.

"You know we can't keep calling them 'our babies'," Keem laughed a little. "We need names for them,"

I dried my hands. "Everytime we try to come up with names, we argue. I feel like the right names will come to us when the twins are born,"

Keem nodded. "True, true,"

"Now, we've gotta get all this stuff upstairs and get decorating," I smiled.

"Baby, you need to relax a bit first, remember what the doctor said. No strenuous activities."

I crossed my arms and nearly started crying.

Guys, it's my hormones.

Last week, I was washing the dishes and started crying cos there were bits of foam from the soap that didn't make it down the drain with the water after I was done washing. I felt sad cos of some suds, don't kill me.

This other time, I cried my eyes out cos Ris ate the last packet of Doritos.

Hormones are so mad during pregnancy, I swear😂😂

"What, so you think I can't do it? You think I'm weak?" my eyes filled up with tears.

"Wha- No," Keem almost laughed. "Don't cry, baby,"

"Why do you keep calling me baby?" I walked away from him and started crying. "It's cos you think I'm too weak to decorate my own children's room," I started going upstairs.

"I call you baby cos you're my baby girl," he grabbed my hand.

I looked at him, frowning.