Both the princess of Colchis and Inferis were giving Jason their tokens. Annabeth could help but smile fondly at the shorter Inferis princess tiptoe up so she could reach Jason. Jason smiled down at the young girl. Princess Hazel's lovable nature could be felt by anyone. Even the Colchis princess offered a small smile at the younger girl, though Annabeth felt it was more patronizing than fond. Clearly, Princess Medea did not see the Inferis princess as a threat.

Prince Jason took both tokens and gallantly tucked both in the outer pocket on his hunting vest. He gently kissed the back of both princesses' hand.

"Instead of looking at another man, why aren't you looking at your fiance?"

Annabeth looked up to find said fiance bending over her. 

"I can't help it if my ideal man is blonde and blue-eyed. Not to mention a prince to boot."

Percy scowled at her, but the frown did nothing to mar his good looks.

"Haha, you should have seen the look on your face. I'm just kidding. Handling a duke is enough, much less enduring the royal life."

"Your ideal man better be black-haired with green eyes." Percy said, stubbornly.

Annabeth looked over at her fiance. The front part of his black hair had been swept up and brushed neatly unlike his usual windswept hairstyle. Percy was most definitely handsome, if not even more handsome than his fair haired cousin in her opinion. The two differed more in their physical attributes. While Jason was taller, Percy had a more sleek and lean fighter's physique.

"Stared long enough?" Percy teased. "I'm still waiting for my token."

Annabeth laughed and passed her handkerchief over. She had finally decided to embroider a blue rose and a dragon on a square of white silk. 

"There you go, you greedy man." 

The handkerchief was quickly tucked securely into his front pocket.

"You're right. In fact, I am greedy enough to take a kiss."

Before Annabeth could say a word, Percy leaned down and stole a kiss, lips melding against hers. Ever since that kiss in the company, Percy had become more bold, sneaking in a kiss here and there. She would be lying if she said that she disliked them, and quite a few she had taken the initiative to instigate herself. Even this mere brush of lips, less intimate because of all the people around, made her body tingle.

"Farewell, my dear lady."

Percy's thumb grazed against her swollen bottom lip, sending shivers down her back. He bowed gallantly and sat astride the horse. Soon the hunters were off, but not before Percy looked back and winked. Annabeth resisted the urge to stick her tongue out as there were far too many interested eyes in the vicinity. Stop it, she scolded herself. Even if Percy is a better man than Luke, don't fall for such pretty words or actions. One will always get hurt in the end.

"My, my, Lady Annabeth. It seems the Duke and you have such a good relationship."

Annabeth turned to face the woman who had spoken. Marquise Soleia, Annabeth recognized automatically with her mood dampening.

Marquise Soleia was a dark beauty, her hair as jet black as night and her eyes piercingly black. She was recognized as one of the top beauties in the Cuora nation, as well as for her reputation as a man-killer. The woman had already been married twice, with both husbands dropping dead from tragic accidents leaving the Marquise with quite a sum of wealth, though not to the extent of the Chase family's. 

Rumors were that she had aimed for both Luke and Percy after the death of her second husband. To Annabeth, the Marquise reminded her of a black widow with her bright red dress and dark hair, planning to eat her next meal. And that meal seemed to be Annabeth.