CHAPTER XI

"We are in New York City, baby!" Sarah hollered in excitement. The biggest advantage of having my best friend being my assistant was that we got to hang out together on work trips.

We landed on the John F. Kennedy International Airport after 5 gruelling hours in the flight. Unlike Sarah, I have never been a fan of flying in aeroplanes; and unlike her my shoulders were slouched and I could barely speak- "Hell Yeah!"

"You sound like an old lady! Anyways, I heard that our hotel is very near to The Times Square. Oh God! I can't wait to explore." She squealed.

"Sarah! You know the golden rule- Work before Pleasure! Thus, we will only be exploring the city once we're done with our work here. Hope you understand." I gave her a sarcastic smile.

"Sure do, Granny!"

After we collected our luggage, we booked a cab to commute to our hotel. Halfway the ride, I looked outside the window and found myself astonished with the city's beauty.

New York City- The city that never slept; it appeared like time moved a little faster here than anywhere else.

When we were led into our hotel room, I was even more surprised. The interiors were magnificent and the window in the majestic master bedroom offered a breathtaking view of The Times Square.

"I can't believe that we're going to stay here for the next two days. I already wish we stayed here forever!" Sarah said as she laid down on the fluffy bed. It was way too tempting and soon I followed suit.

We both slept the entire day and only woke up at night to have the most delicious dinner organised by our hosts. We were provided with the itinerary of the following day by the representative of SinCorp Industries, Oliver. He seemed like a sweet person and Sarah certainly had a thing for him.

We retired to our room after a delicious dessert and were surprised by a bottle of vintage wine in our room. They surely knew a thing or two about hospitality!

We both soon hit the bed before we realised due to fatigue and didn't even bother to change our clothes.

************************************

I was woken up by the ray of sunlight falling on my face through the chink in the curtains. I took a hot shower and prepped myself for the day.

Soon after Sarah woke up and we both got ready in our black formals. The breakfast was sent to our room by the hotel staff as was directed from our host. A cab was waiting for us when we exited the hotel and we reached our destination within a few minutes.

We were received by the CEO of Sincorp Industries, Mrs. Emily Sinclair. "Welcome, Mrs. Cooper and Ms. Davis! I hope you had a comfortable stay at the hotel yesterday." Everything from her olive green bun to her stout personality screamed one word- 'Professionalism'.

Undoubtedly, she was not only able to establish Sincorp Industries but make it reach unbelievable heights as well!

"Mrs. Cooper, the event shall start in a short while. I advice that you stay here while I have discuss some details with Ms. Davis." I nodded.

"All the best! Don't forget to have fun." Sarah wished me and dashed off with Mrs. Sinclair.

I began hyperventilating soon after but when I saw a tiny toothless girl, holding a teddy bear in one hand and a copy of my book in another entering the room with her mother, I knew how blessed how I was to be here.

************************************

"The event was a success! You can't imagine how happy I am for you. Brooke, you really deserve this." Sarah hugged me tightly as soon as we entered our hotel room in the evening and I knew she wouldn't let go so easily.