CHAPTER X

It had been two weeks since I last saw Will; if I'm being honest with myself, I expected him to chase me after he claimed to 'still love me' in the park. Nevertheless I wasn't disappointed- things were going smooth between Noah and I. We had the most amazing time together these past two weeks.

Despite me being busy with my signing events and other stuff regarding my book release, we were able to cherish our 'family time'.

One night after we made love, I was staring at the ceiling in the dark- wondering if all it took was Will to waltz back into my life for Noah to truly express how much he loved me.

I too wasn't much of an expressor, if you could call it that. I barely said 'I LOVE YOUs' to him or responded when he said those to me. I think we both just understood each other without really putting our thoughts into words.

I guess that's why there was never a moment of insecurity in our relationship; never a time when I felt like he was going to abandon me. It wasn't perfect but it was enough for the both of us.

Present:

"Brooke! You need to hear me out. This is crazy!" She basically screa.ed with excitement whilst all the people in the publishing house remained unaffected. Looks like they too were now accustomed to her out-of-the-world persona!

"Keep it low, Sarah. People are working here." I berated her.

"You'll too want to dance around like a lunatic when I tell tou what I want to." I narrowed my eyes at her in disbelief. What could it possibly be?

"SinCorp Industries want to organise your book signing event in NYC. They have a new clothing line to launch and this will probably help them in their advertising campaign."

I sat there dumbfounded. I would be a fool if I declined such an offer. SinCorp Industries was a well-known name in the Fashion Industry. This could be a great turning point in my career. Indisputably, I had to imstantly grab this opportunity but-

"But what about the money? Are you sure we could afford this?" Because I was certain that we couldn't. My publishing house has just began operating and organising an event this huge would require much more finance than we could produce.

"Darling! Clearly you didn't hear me well enough. They want to organise this event on their own and hence, they are to bear all costs involved!"

True to her words, I jumped out of my seats and into her arms, screaming and jumping around in exhilaration.

When we finally came back to our senses, I was met by a dozen pair of eyes adorned with panic and fright. I guess my persona was not so out-of-the- world!

************************************

"No! Mommy, I want to come along with you. Pretty please!" Sam had been urging to go with me ever since he learnt that I will be going to New York.

"Sam! Mum has already told you that she's going for work. You and I are strictly not allowed in any of her work trips, Bub." Noah reasoned with him.

"Sam, please understand. Daddy has work here and you too have to go to school. Be a good boy and don't trouble your father while I'm gone. It's only for two days."

"Mom, you know that I'm well ahead of everyone in my class. Please!" Sam was a prodigal son. He had won countless accolades in school for his amazing skills. Sure, he always stood first in everything be it sports or academics.

"C'mon Bub! I told you a hundred times already!" Noah spoke with authority and Sam surrenderd and retired to his room.

When it was just the two of us left in the living room I leaned my head on his shoulder and heaved a sigh of relief. Nobody told me it'd be so exhausting parenting a child.