CHAPTER II

"Mrs. Cooper, This is not for the first time that an incident like this took place. We have been facing this issue with him for quite some time now."

I never really liked the Headmistress of Sam's school. With her petite body and long hair cascading down her waist, she always held a stern face. Sam had told me about one of her weird habits of scaring children to get her work done. She really was a devil in disguise.

"What? Why didn't you inform me about this earlier, Mrs. Claflin? I had no idea that Sam had been getting into fights with other students."

"If I remember correctly we informed Mr. Cooper about it the moment it happened." she looked at me through her old-fashioned glasses with concern. Noah had been lying to me!

"Moreover, Mr. Cooper came to school a week before regarding the same issue. We discussed with him if there were any problems at your house which could be bothering Samuel triggering his unacceptable outrageous behaviour at school."

Seriously? Noah lied to me about such a thing! How could he? Here I am now, getting the news of my son being an angry maniac from his school Headmistress. Both Noah and Sam needed to answer a lot of my questions when I got back home.

It was my turn today to pick up Sam from school since Noah was busy with work. He was the CEO of 'G-Music', a music producing company.

It was a mere coincidence that I got a call from Mrs. Claflin and she gave me a clear picture of what is actually happening. Did I fail in being the type of mother that I wanted to be? I always thought that I was like a friend to Sam, that he could share with me whatever he wanted to. That he would not take out his frustation by hitting some kid at school!

When I initially reached his school, many thoughts were already racing around in my mind but what I actually heard was nothing that I'd imagined. As I had walked towards the principal's office, I could hear my heart beating too fast. It was like I was ashamed that I failed to do the only thing that I thought I could do the best.

I saw Sam sitting on the bench outside the office, his head hung low. His brown hair shining from the sunlight, falling through the window opposite to the bench. He surely resembled his father with his dark hair, pale skin and those pretty long lashes. His head shot up immediately, probably from the clicking sound that my heels made as I walked. He looked horrified as if he weren't expecting me to be there.

Of course, he was expecting Noah to be his knight in shining armour yet again this time. I looked at his pitiful face and resisted from consoling him. I walked into the office with a blank expression on my face.

************************************

"Mom, I'm so sorry. I will never ever repeat such a thing ever again." Sam looked like he was about to cry.

"Really? Did you say the same thing to your father when you did it the first time? Sam, I never expected such a thing from you!"

"Mom' it wasn't my fault. Archer was being an ass...."

"Samuel Cooper! You do not use such words in front of me ever again. You are grounded for a week. You will not be allowed to watch TV or even play games outside. Also, you will not be given a PS5 for your birthday this year."

My austere words silenced him and he did not even a single word throughout our ride back to home. As we both entered the elevator leading to our apartment I felt guilty of going too harsh on him but I couldn't just do nothing. Noah and I really needed to talk about this.

On reaching our apartment, we found that Noah was already seated there with a huge beam across his face.
"I thought that I would surprise my beautiful wife and son with a hand-cooked meal."