chapter 69 ~ family road trip

I turned up the music, enjoying the sun and the blowing air. This was actually happening, we were on an actual family road trip.

I peered behind us, smiling at how cute Moni looked as she slept. I mean this was all perfect...no Frank, no Monica, just us and the open road.

"The fuck are you looking at?" Mickey muttered as I moved my eyes off him.

"You obviously" I grabbed hold of his hand as we sped past a hoard of cows. Shit I don't even think I had ever seen one of those unless it was on tv. "Do we even have a plan or is this all on the limb?'

We sort of packed a few bags last night, stole Kev's RV and left before sunrise. I wrote Fiona a note so hopefully this time my phone wouldn't be blowing up with angry voicemails but we still didn't have an actual plan.

"Sandals, tequila, some fucking....I bet you're white ass burns like a motherfucker" I sent him a glare as we came to a stop in a deserted part of the road. "She'll be asleep for a few more hours"

"You can't be serious" I laughed as he sent me a look. "If she wakes up this will scar her"

"She won't remember anything...and what's the point of having an RV if we aren't going to take advantage of the bed"

Okay okay maybe he had a point...and after all this was a vacation.

Before I could say anything he was pulling me towards the back of the car, gently pushing me down on the bed. I mean, I guess one round wouldn't hurt....

"How does one round turn into three?" I muttered as we pulled up to a convenience store

"How does one round turn into three?" I muttered as we pulled up to a convenience store. "And your lucky she slept through your loud ass"

I pulled Moni out of her seat, placing her onto my hip. God seven hours later and we were finally at our first stop; Kansas City! 

Or I guess this was technically our second stop...oops.

"Fill her up, I'm gonna get a coffee and some breakfast, want anything?"

"Get me whatever you're getting" He shrugged as I quickly kissed his cheek. "And fuck you i'm not that loud!"

He flipped me off as I strolled into the tiny store. It had been a while since I had been in a place like this, and just thinking about it gave me the creeps.

"Heyyy Ian" I sighed, picking up his call. I threw a few extra bottles of water into the basket as I continued down the isles. "Will you shut up, I didn't run away this time"