Chapter 4: Our Reunion

Start from the beginning

Shanks is really close to your brother Luffy. When you both were in high school you were just new to all the things happening with every famous family in this place by the background. While he was under Gol D. Roger, who is now retired with his wife at the outskirts of town and Ace's real father, the king. You are under your own father who once belonged to a notorious, dangerous, and the evilest of all families. Rocks D. Xebec...

What was it you heard earlier too? Kid's gang... Shanks' kid, Kid?! Oh now, this man is really involved.

You aren't only gonna have a talk with your boys... Now you're gonna have a talk with your godson too.

Now...

To confirm.

"Shanks?" you called while he felt his heart drop.

He's in trouble, isn't he? Yes, he is...

"You see... I met the boy's friends earlier. I met Croco's daughter and Yassop's boy," you informed him as you kept looking straight.

<"Please don't tell me they slipped out... Please don't tell me they slipped out... Please don't tell me they slipped out... Shit,"> he thought.

"They're all wonderful kids-," you continued but got cut off.

"Yeah, I know-"

"But the Ussopp boy slipped... Something about my godson that apparently involves my boys..."

<"Ah fuck..."> Shanks thought as he broke through a cold sweat. You are little to never angry. Whatever happens, your patience and understanding are never-ending. Yet that is what's frightening about you. They will never know when is enough. Where is the line drawn? What are you capable of?

Oh, Shanks knew what you're capable of. The only time you let your rage took over everything. It took over every action and every single decision. Shanks got a glimpse of your anger. It was dangerous. You were unrecognizable.

That time was when Sabo got his scar.

"Disappointing ain't it? They were doing so good... So tell me, Shanks. What is it they're trying to hide from me?" You asked with a sharp look. You then turned to him with a smile on your face and your arms behind your back.

"You have to understand them, Y/N. They're not toddlers anymo-,"

"Tsk, there you are, Le Roux."

You heard someone's voice cut off Shanks. You felt your heart skip a beat. Your palm got sweaty and suddenly you wanted to check if you look okay. You couldn't stop the smile from appearing on your face.

Shanks was beyond happy to hear from his best friend. The first and ever time he was over the moon to be caught slacking off of work. That was too close for an unprepared closure. He didn't want to talk about the boys and their gangs yet. He's still unready to fish them out from your rage.

<"Thank heavens for you Mihawk. I'll treat you something late-... Oh... Mihawk~,"> Shanks thought while his relieved look turned to a teasing look.

"Hey Hawk-eyes, you caught me." Shanks moved to hide you behind him for a surprise.

"You're skipping a class again, red hair. Need I remind you that we're not  high school students anymore?" Mihawk grumbled. Just like every other day. His head's already aching because he got to wake up early and accompany his ever-losing green-headed adopted son.

Something about meeting one of his gang member's relatives. Who? He couldn't care less. oh, but he should've...

"Yea- I mean, No! But! I have a good reason this time!" Shanks exclaimed as you found yourself widening your eyes.