Reopened scars

How do u guys like dis book so far?

I think it's my favourite for now, since my writing has gotten better.

Pls comment and tell me what u think!

Slight warning this chapter has another sensitive topic but there will be no graphic scenes

Another bone chilling gust of wind awoke Hawks from his slumber. Judging from the puddle of moonlight in front of him, it was most likely sometime near midnight. His body was aching from the position he was in when he fell asleep. Hawks propped himself up onto his knees and stood up slowly.

He stretched, while stifling a yawn. Suddenly, his keen hearing picked up a loud bang a few streets away from wherever he was.

A few minutes later, the small rickety bathroom he was in shook, as if an earthquake happened. Loud footsteps echoed in the empty hallway and before he knew it, the door of the bathroom slammed open. Dabi stormed in, an angry expression etched on his face. The whole room suddenly reeked of alcohol, as shadows and strange noises flooded into the room.

...

Hawks knew what was happening. From the day he got captured, Hawks had only taken his medicine once. This meant that it was about three days ago. His schizophrenia was getting worse, but he's never had any hallucinations for a long time. At least not when he was undergoing training in the hero commission.

Truth is, the hallucinations had started coming back a few weeks ago, but last time he had tried to get help, the hero commission sent him to an asylum for three months for saying things he wasn't suppose to say.

The shadows kept flooding into the room, while Dabi's voice started to grow fainter and fainter. Hawks felt a tugging at his collar and a pair of scarred lips smashed into him. He tried to wriggle free, to close his eyes and wait for the nightmare to end. It was no use. Dabi was too drunk to even realise how much damage he had done.

As rough hands trailed down Hawks's back, he felt his eyes water. Before long, Hawks was a blubbering mess.

"Please, Dabi you need to listen." he begged.

"I promise I-I'll be good, just s-stop."

Hawks opened his eyes as the tears ran down his face. Dabi's face has morphed into his dads, making Hawks shriek in fear.

Every hidden memory in Hawks's mind bust out like a broken dam. The very memories that he tried so hard not to dwell on. His mother once told him that the world wasn't fair. That didn't stop him from praying that he got a better one. This is what he got for trying.

"Come here sweetie." A slurred voice got Keigo's attention.

Crap.

It was that time of the week again. When his father went to the bar with his mates. There was nothing Hawks could do to save himself, since his dad put a tracking collar on him. There was no freedom. No childhood. Not even a slither of hope.

A pair of rough hands tore at his clothes, and within seconds, Hawks was shivering, two pairs of magnificently red wings wrapped around himself for protection. He bit back a sob, his cheeks already tearstained. It always ended up like this.

...

Keigo was exhausted. His backside hurt like hell, but this was what he got for being ungrateful for what he already had. Having a roof over his head, being given food. This was enough. He didn't want anymore. No 'fun games' with his dad. No helping his dad with target practicing. That always ended with him in the bathroom, with a pair of tweezers trying to get the broken glass bottle shards out of his fragile skin.

.

.

.

.

.

The sunlight slowly crept into the small bathroom window. In the bathroom, it looked like someone had a war in there. Red feathers were littered everywhere. A broken mirror hung in the middle of the bathroom. Scratch marks could be seen on the walls, showing signs of struggle. As the sunlight finally fell on Hawks, he hugged his bare arms and shrank into himself. His once pale skin, was now scattered with hickeys and bite marks. Hawks's eyes, which use to be a brilliant shade of gold was now open but looking at something past the room he was held captive in.

Now there was only one question left.

What happened?