The Forest Of Troubles - Part 3

Start from the beginning

'...No...I don't...' The dark part of his mind which was previously screaming for murder whispered to him...

'...Perhaps...Perhaps I am not strong enough as I thought myself to be...I d-don't h-have the courage, nor the will to entirely wipe them out...What do I do now?'

Flashback...

'Ugh...What do I do now?!' A young 8 year old boy with his black hair starting to show the slightest tints of silver was currently sitting on a part swing...All alone.

His problem? What to gift to Leaf on her 9th birthday. She was older than him by 3 months. So it was her birthday upcoming just 2 days later...

He had no idea what to buy her...A pink frilly dress? A box of chocolates? Or a pretty ribbon that he saw at a store?

It was dusk time. Time for him to go home...But he couldn't...Not until he's decided what to buy her atleast...From the entrance of the now almost empty park he heard a faint voice call out for him, "Ashy where are you?"

The little boy jerked up and turned to the entrance of the part to see a familiar lady with brown hair calling out to him...It was his mother, Delia.

Delia approached him with a frown and asked, "Ashy what are you doing so late? I was getting worried..."

"...Err...Sorry mum...I was thinking...I still need to find Leafy's gift..." The little boy muttered silently in embarrassment.

Delia shook her head and groaned, "What am I gonna do with you..." She shook her head and bent on her knee to get to his level and put a hand on his shoulder, "...Silly boy. It's just a gift Ashy. Just do what your heart tells you..."

Flashback End...

'...Silly boy...Just do what your heart tells you...'

The same kind voice of his mother spoke up once again from the confines within his mind.

"...Just do...What your heart tells you..." Ash muttered to himself silently. Still holding the trembling spear at the man's chest...

With his heart made up he shot forward the spear and thrust it into...

...The man's bindings. The vines that were tying the man cut loose, Ash bent down to the man's level and put a hand on his shoulder...The rocket grunt looked up with hopeful eyes as Ash's gaze narrowed at him, "...I-I...I'll let you alive...Just promise me something..."

The man's eyes watered as he spoke up in a raspy tone, "...Anything you ask...boy..."

"...Just...Just promise me that after today...You'll never look back...Leave Team Rocket...Never...Never turn back to repent on the life you lived...And...And take good care of your daughter, make sure she never has to live a life without her father...If...If we ever meet again...I just hope I'll meet a reformed man...Goodbye..." He turned back hastily and ran away from the place as fast as his legs could take him...An unshed tear glistening in his eyes...

"...Heh...Even the big bad monster has a heart after all..." The rocket grunt muttered to himself with a mirthless chuckle and a glint in his eyes...The glint to change. To grow. To EVOLVE.

...Yes...Brunner vowed to himself...He would change...For his daughter...So that another child doesn't have to live the life of misery that he had seen in silver haired boy's eyes...

...Yes...He would change...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------