.four.

~{~}~{~}~{~}~

~{~}~{~}~{~}~

  Lucy Emerson was one hell of a cook. The blonde spinning around the small kitchen as if dancing. Each step and dash of seasoning perfectly timed to the beat of an old sixties song blasting from the radio on the window sill. Nanook, Sams adorable Malamute, looking up at her with wide eyes as she occasionally tossed him some scraps. A dazzling smile on her lips as she spun around.

  It's the scene Genesis found as she headed towards the door. Her black combat boots thudding against the wooden floors. Her Mötley Crüe tank tied at her waist, resting just above the fabric of her ripped jeans. Her hands twisting her long brown hair up into a high pony tail. The strands falling between her shoulder blades despite the style. She'd need to get it cut again.

  "Genesis," Lucy glanced at the clock on the oven. The time reading 3:46. "Good afternoon."

"Hey," she murmured, swiping a bottle of water from the counter. "I'm going to be working on my car." Was all she told the woman as she headed out. The California heat immediately bearing down on her. Sweat prickling on her pale flesh. Instant regret flooding through her as the jeans clung uncomfortably to her legs. Sticking in places it shouldn't.

Her 1975 Pontiac Firebird had been given space in the garage by her grandpa the previous night after they returned from the boardwalk. She needed to refill the washer fluid and check the oil. She'd changed it before coming to Santa Carla but figured better safe than sorry applied. Slipping into the red barn style garage she couldn't help the relieved sigh as she escaped the summer heat. The beautiful blue paint job greeting her as she popped the hood.