Chapter Twelve- Creep Beside My Bed

Lacey smiled, "Well come on you two."

Scott followed Lacey out giving me my much needed privacy. I splashed water on my face from the sink to wake myself up more. My brain refused to function so early. The mirror had kindly pointed out the bags under my eyes. My eyes were puffy red from crying last night.

Last night...

I sighed remembering what Ryan had tried to do to me. Pushing it out of my mind, I went to have breakfast with my best friend and her boy toy. Knowing damn well I was going to regret it.

*************

"Cat your barely eating." Lacey looked at me suspicious.

"I'm not that hungry." I shrugged.

The table went quiet again, the only sound forks clinging against a plates. They only sounds came from Scott grunting as he ate and plates squeaking from silver wear.

"So Cat what's your line of work?" Scott smiled at me then took a piggish bite of bacon.

Note the irony.

Finding a man to get wasted, then have sex with him. Wait till he passes out, steal all the cash he has and credit card. Drain all the cash on his credit card then trash all evidence.

"Cat works at a hospital." Lacey shared.

Lacey has no clue what I do with my victims. No one did nor does. It was my business and mine alone.

"Oh?" Scott asked interested.

"I do all filing work for the main office." I said.

"What hospital?" Scott asked, talking directly to me.

Lacey looked at him weirdly noticing he was ignoring her and his undivided unwanted attention on me. He sure is a creep. This made me frown, why was he asking me so many questions. He was making me extremely uncomfortable.

"It's a little early to ask Cat questions, don't you think babe?" Lacey said.

I smiled thankful at her. She knew I didn't share so much information with strangers. My phone rang loudly saving me from this awkward meal.

"Excuse me." I quickly ran to my room, make sure I locked my door.

I kissed my phone then answered the call, "Hello?" I didn't bother looking at the caller I.D.

"Don't hang up."

Damn it!

I squinted my eyes, "My note was clear enough. Don't call me again."

My voice didn't even sound like me as my rage fired through.

"I'm sorry." His voice everything to with regret.

"No." I scowled, "I'm sorry."

"What possibly do you have to be sorry for?" He sighed.

"For ever meeting you." I hissed then hung up.

I exhale a frustrated groan, I fell down on my bed. Ravishing in the comfort it provided. My phone started ringing again and I knew it was him calling me. You'd think he take a hint I didn't want to speak to him nor associate with him ever.

"WHAT?!" I growled.

"Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?" Lilia scowled.

"Sis, hey..." My guilt for yelling at my sister upset me more then what Ryan had done.

Ryan! It's his fault I yelled at her!

"Yeah, sis hey." She mocked snickering.

"Sorry."