Chapter 15: Plan B

Start from the beginning

"Will, where's Rosie?" asked Robbie as Will walked into the house.

"She is town, she needed to buy something for my birthday" said Will.

"Why did you leave her?" asked Robbie.

"Relax, she is fine, she is in town you know there are always tons of people there after school hours" said Will.

"Will you how dangerous it is out there, there is a killer out there, there are people who hate us" said Robbie.

"Robbie you need to relax she is fine" said Will.

"What if something happens to her? How will you feel then?" asked Robbie.

"I know how you feel since Charlie went to jail. You blame it on yourself, your the oldest and thought you should have taken all the blame or have gone in his place" said Will.

Robbie was so angry.

"Go inside" said Robbie.

Will walked away without a word. Robbie headed to town. Rosie was just coming out of the store with the gift, she bought him a model plane. Rosie started to walk home, when three guys came up to her. They were Robbie's old friends, Oliver, Calvin and Theodore. 

"Going to send a gift to the murderer?" Calvin asked with a snicker. The others laughed

Rosie ignored the comment and tried to walk around them. They stopped her.

"Where you going?" they asked.

Rosie didn't answer, she was now scared.

"Can't talk?" asked Theodore.

Rosie didn't know what to say.

She was surrounded by them. She tried to push pass them. Oliver took her bag and threw it on the ground, and stomped on it. Rosie had tears in her eyes. Ronan who had just came out of store saw this and ran over. He pushed back on of them.

"Leave her alone" said Ronan.

"What are you protecting the little murderer" said Calvin.

"She did nothing!" said Ronan with his face in Calvin. Calvin punched him. Ronan punched back. Robbie had just came now. He ran over and jumped on Theodore. Rosie had now fallen and moved away from the scene. A fight now broke out. Ronan and Robbie vs Calvin, Theodore, and Oliver. Some of the local men came and stopped the fight.

"Hey cut it out!" they yelled pulling the boys apart.

Rosie was now crying.

"They were harassing my 12 year old sister" said Robbie.

"They were I heard it all" said Ronan, "they called her a murderer."

"Alright that is enough, all you go home!" yelled one of the men.

Robbie went to Rosie and picked her up, he carried her home. Ronan came along.

"Thank you" said Robbie.

"Your welcome" said Ronan.

"Is there anything else I can do?" asked Robbie.

"No" said Robbie.

"I will talk to the police" said Ronan.

"No, no more police, I'm done with them" said Robbie.

Ronan stopped as Robbie walked on, he headed home.

 Annabeth looked out the window and saw Robbie carrying Rosie and knew something was wrong.  She ran out the door, Will followed.

"What happened?" asked Annabeth.

"Some guys were harassing her" said Robbie, "They didn't hurt her"

"Robert your face" said Annabeth.

"I had a fight" said Robbie.

"Who were they?" asked Annabeth.

"Oliver Macket, Theodore Smith, and Calvin Graham" said Robbie.

"You fought all three?" asked Annabeth.

"No, Ronan McCann was there first" said Robbie.

"Alright lets go inside" said Annabeth.

Robbie carried Rosie inside. The whole time Will was silent. He knew this was all his fault, if he was just with her. He stood outside and was in shock before he followed them inside.

"I have had enough of all this" said Annabeth.

Robbie sat Rosie down on the couch. Annabeth sat with her and pulled her close.

"It's ok sweet heart" said Annabeth.

Will walked in.

"I'm sorry Rosie, I should have been there" said Will.

"Ya you should have, like I told you" said Robbie.

"Robert!" said Annabeth, "This is not the time."

"For now on, no one leaves this house, Robert you will walk them to and from school, and no is to go into town. Your father is not to know about this, we can't afford him coming home" said Annabeth, "I am going to get some food and ice for your bruises Robert."

She got up and left, but gave Rosie a kiss on the forehead. Will went to Rosie and hugged her.

"I'm so sorry" said Will.

"No its ok, you would not have been able to do much, they were three men the size of Robbie" said Rosie. She got up and went to Robbie.

"Robbie I'm sorry for everything, for being difficult and not listening, if I did this none of this would have happened. Thank you" said Rosie.

Robbie sighed in relieif and cracked a smile. Rosie hugged him, he pulled her on his lap and hugged her. He then grabbed Will and hugged him. Annabeth walked in.

"Now thats what I like to see" said Annabeth. 

They all smiled. Rosie had completely forgotten about the boot discovery.