5 | it's a deal

Start bij het begin

In that few seconds he's got everything planned and that impressed me a little. I liked his idea too because that meant we would be killing two birds with one stone. All I had to do was get permission from Daphne.

"Yujin? Jinnie? Yujinnie?" Myungho waved into my face when I forgot to answer him.

"Uh, yeah okay. I'll ask my boss and let you know again," I said, and added a frown right after. "And I told you not to call me that!"

...

His plan worked.

I managed to get permission from Daphne after preparing a mental script on how I could bring up the topic to her. Though I stuttered a lot in front of her, she understood what I asked for and gave me the green light right away. She even left me with the spare keys and said that we were free to use the space as long as the studio was closed for the day and we kept the entire place clean. I promised her so and shared the news with Myungho the next day at school.

"T-Today?" I stuttered with my eyes wide open.

"Yes, let's start today. You've got work after school right? I'll head down to the studio with you." Myungho said, but I wasn't even thinking about starting today or tomorrow. He's always ahead of me in planning. Then he pointed to my head. "And why're you always in a hoodie? You look better without."

I touched the top of my hoodie, feeling glad that I have it. I never had a problem with it so why would he say that?

"None of your business," I frowned.

"I'm just saying," he shrugged his shoulder, looking slightly disappointed but I didn't understand why. I'm just glad our conversation stopped there until it was the end of school.

= School bell ringing =

"Let's go!" Myungho sprung up from his seat excitedly and tossed his bagpack over the shoulder while I packed slowly. I gave him a quick glance, judging him in silence when Seokmin popped in.

"Where?" He asked. He probably thought Myungho was talking to him. "I'm craving some tteokbokki let's get some together~"

I lowered my head and focused on packing. Suddenly I was shoving everything into my bag, praying that Myungho wouldn't mention my name or involve me in their talk.

"Not today bro. I've got plans," Myungho replied him.

"What plan?" Said the curious one.

Before Myungho reveal anything, I quickly zipped up my bag and slipped out of the back door. I was out of the campus in no time and felt a wave of relief in me. At the same time, I questioned myself about what made me anxious. It's not like a conversation would kill me. It's not like I had anything to hide. It was just a deal between Myungho and I, so why can't I be cool about it?

I frowned down to the ground, really hating myself for being like this. But I didn't know how to change.

"Hey!"

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Myungho slightly panting. "What the hell? We're supposed to leave together."

"I thought you were going to get some tteokbboki," I lied. I didn't know what he told Seokmin but I did trust Myungho to stick to our plan. Guilt sank in. Maybe I should have waited for him...