|| 066|| Shinigami Flames 💀🐔 Pt 2/X

Start from the beginning

"I'M BACK!" Kiara entered the room with a flourish of flames and the slam of a door. In her hands was a tray filled with various packets and bottled drinks. Not what you would expect, but they did look good. Brightly coloured packets of Japanese-esque snacks that seemed to brighten up the room.

"Did you two miss me?" She cooed, smoothly placing the tray on to the bedside table. In an overly dramatic Kiara fashion, she draped herself over your lap, taking your hands gently and peppering them with light kisses. You flinched slightly at the touch to which Kiara frowned at.

"Try to relax, no one's going to hurt you" She whispered softly. Just what Calli had stated before, but somehow you didn't believe either of them. Suddenly, Kiara perked up like she had a great idea.

"Oh, I know! We should watch a movie while we eat these snacks! Plus a movie's a nice way to pass time" She exclaimed, pulling you out of Calli's lap and into her own embrace, which placed your face directly in her chest.

"I'm down... Can we watch Shrek?" Calli piped up. 'Wait wait wait, this cannot be the same reaper that was just being creepy as fuck towards me' You stressed to yourself, not trusting your voice to be strong enough to actually form coherent sentences. Kiara just nodded along, still coddling you as Calli reached over and pulled a remote from beside the tray of snacks.

With a few clicks, the wall in front of what you now knew was a giant ass bed flickered to life, revealing a hidden screen. Considering you were still pressed flush against Kiara, you didn't hear anything until the Dreamworks music started playing. 'Okay, so we are indeed watching Shrek' You heard shuffling from somewhere on the other side of the bed.

"Kusotoooori, you're hogging (Y/N)" Calli whined, and by the sound of it, she was pouring herself a generous glass of wine. Kiara huffed but relented, shuffling the both of you closer to the reaper. It both equally annoyed you and freaked you out with how much they were treating you like a doll to be handed around and played with.

And so this is how you found yourself hugged tightly against Calli on her lap while Kiara, your former manager, had stretched herself across the bed, her head planted firmly in your lap while she occasionally ate a snack or two (or handed one to your or Calli to eat).

You were barely able to concentrate on the movie while Calli kept whispering things in your ear, or Kiara kept trying to bury herself deeper into your warmth. It felt like the reaper was relishing in the way you'd twitch fearfully whenever she'd graze her abnormally sharp canines against your ear. She did this all throughout the movie, though she'd stop every now and then to quote her favourite lines. Kiara didn't seem to notice this at all.

As soon as the credits started, you leaned away from Calli as much as you could, though that wasn't much  since Kiara didn't budge on your lap. Calli just had a smug smirk, like the reaper could feel your uneasiness and she was enjoying it.

"When can I go outside? I mean, this room is nice and all, but I think I'll go insane if I'm, uh, kept in here for, what? The rest of my life?" You started fidgeting with your hands nervously. Calli frowned, like she was confused. Kiara just sat up and cupped your cheeks affectionately.

"If you behave, you'll get more access to other areas of the house, but we have to be sure we can trust you to not run away! But I know you wouldn't. And even if you tried, Kotori would help us track you down again" Kiara said it all so simply, finishing her explanation by bopping you on the tip of your nose. Behind you, Calli just shrugged and nodded.

"You won't run, will you?" She suddenly asked, her eyes now cold and sharp, like she was staring into your soul. The way her fingers dug into your flesh made you scared to respond in any other way that you did. You just simply shook your head with a quiet "no".

Kiara's cold demeanour quickly pulled another 180 and she gave you a quick kiss and a head pat.

"Good. Now you be good because Calli and I have an endurance stream in a few minutes. There's plenty of food and drinks in the mini fridge and plenty of things to watch on the tv. Feel free to take a nap whenever, maybe we'll have dinner in the living room if you're good enough" Kiara chirped.

Calli had now donned her reaper getup and was waiting for Kiara by the door. Kiara gave you one last hug, rubbing your cheeks together before jumping up and running over to the door, which Calli opened. She let Kiara through first and blew you a kiss as she left, the door locking securely behind them.

Honestly? You weren't even going to try and do anything. Might as well be 'behaved' and not be restricted than to constantly try to run away and be stressed only to be, what you can only assume, punished. By a reaper and a phoenix no less.

Maybe someone would come to rescue you, but all your co-workers knew you had gone to The Usual Room and probably weren't going to come back.

You just sighed, pulling the blankets up to your chin and just sitting in the darkness, the fire flickering lower but not completely extinguishing.

'There's no hope of me escaping. I'm just a human, and they're two extremely powerful mythical creatures! What chance do I have?' You just clutched the blankets even tighter, letting the tears flow freely.

 I'm just a human, and they're two extremely powerful mythical creatures! What chance do I have?' You just clutched the blankets even tighter, letting the tears flow freely