Chapter Fifty Three

Jung Hoseok

   Okay, so like, I know I'm being manic. Like really manic. I know Jin and Jimin are watching me like I'm a crazed psycho as I obsessively clean the room top to bottom and keep finding more things to clean.
     I know.
    I'm projecting. I refuse to talk to them. I don't want to. I'm just trying to get by in my own way. I need order. I need cleanliness. I need to be alone—however the leeches will not allow me. I get it, they are worried. Especially Jin.
     He refuses to go back to his room and talk to his partner. I've begged, pleaded, and demanded all to no avail. He's parked his stubborn ass in my bed and will not leave. It's been two days now since he told me he kicked Namjoon's ass—which still shocks me to my core. How? I wish I could have seen it but then I feel guilty.
     I don't want to be the reason they have problems. I'm stressed and slightly traumatized but for the most part I'm over it. Truly. I just want to put it behind me and move on. I wish Jin could see that I'm honestly just over it.
     Besides this new cleaning routine, I'm good. I just...I keep feeling dirty. Everything around me is fucking dirty! Why can't I sanitize away the invisible dirt the way I've flushed all the memories from my mind and body.
     "Uh...hey, Hobi—"
    Jin is cut off when the door slides open and Taehyung pokes his head in. I notice his gaze focus solely on Jimin for a moment of obvious relief and love before he looks at the rest of us unappealing peasants.
     Nice.
    He clears his throat, straightening his collar. "Captain Kim has announced that we will be descending down into the planet's atmosphere very soon." He takes a deep breath before continuing. "It's been discussed that you all will remain here safely as me, the Captain, and a few other soldiers go down."
     Jimin blanches, jumping to his feet and growing menacingly. "You will not go down there without me! It's dangerous."
     Taehyung touches his head calmly. "Exactly which is why you will stay with the others. I'm a soldier. I can manage this mission."
     He shakes his head. "I'm a beast—if you care to remember. I have a better standing chance than any of you."
     Taehyung sighs. "Perhaps but I still will not allow you. Besides, this is supposed to be peaceful. We are simply checking on Jungkook to make sure he is alright. If he's in danger or being held hostage then we will deal with that then but as it stands now...we should be back in only a few hours time."
     Jimin pouts. "I don't like it! Taeeeee!!!"
     With a final nod, the door is firmly shut and we all here a click on finality as they lock us in the room. We all freeze.
     Jimin looks shocked while Jin looos pissed. I'm....I'm just gonna clean the door again.
     "There is no way in hell I am staying here. I'm going down to see Jungkook." Jin stomps up, kicking over a pile of trash bags I've collected.
     Jimin collectively agrees.
     I groan loudly and drop my cleaning rag as I feel their eyes bore into my back. "I don't wanna go down where the snakes can eat me." I cry. "Can't we just do the best and safest thing for us and listen for once?"
     Jin scoffs. "Is this even you talking? You were all about the reckless vibes of life on earth."
     I spin around and throw up my hands. "Fuck yeah—when it came to drinking and partying and meeting pretty girls. You're talking about huge planet sized fucking reptilian beasts that can swallow us whole and still look for seconds! I'm not about that life, Jin!" I want to live.
     He stares at my pleading face for a moment before nodding. "Fine. You stay and Jimin and I will go."
     I gape at them as they sit and begin to formulate a plan of escape. God, why does my best friend have to be such a fucking dumbass?
     This is so stupid! "You do know that you will have to let them know and rely on Namjoon to get you back here on the ship, right? You can't just go down Willy Neely all I'm free and fuck that bitch—I don't need anyone— and shit and think you can return on your own. You will be left down there and eaten or even worse." I point warningly at Jimin. "And what about Taehyung? Do you want to scare him to death or have him so worried about you he gets hurt not being careful enough? This isn't a game."
      They both glare at me.
     "I'm taking my chances and he who shall not be named can suck it. There are several other soldiers that I can ask for help getting back up. I just want to see Jungkook. I'm not helpless and I don't need that stupid fucking prick, either." Jin huffs.
     Jimin smirks. "I can move fast in my real form and I can keep us both safe. When it's time to come back we will with the others." He shrugs.
    I don't like this. Not one bit. "It's still stupid. I can't believe you guys really want to do this." Whining now. I know I can't let them go on their own but...but I don't want to fucking go! "Jin, come on. Please."
     They ignore me and continue making plans much to my chagrin. After a while, I plop down between them. "Fuck it. I guess I have no choice. Include me."
     They grin mischievously while I secretly imagine my death coming in several unpleasant ways...I hate how detailed and gory my brain continues to make each one...
     "Let's go!"
     "Already?" I gulp. Terrified.
      I watch as Jimin effortlessly climbs up the wall and removed the ventilation cover. He climbs inside with a crazy flexibility and dexterity that makes me mad jealous and a little pissed. What the hell?!
     Jin struggles a bit but still manages while I glare up at them from my bed. "I can't do that!"
     Jin reaches his hands out for me. "Come on."
    "Bitch did you forget you're fucking pregnant?! It's too dangerous to pull my weight."
     He shakes his hands at me. "We don't have time for this. It's fine! Let's go."
     Reluctantly I take them and somehow find myself inside the vent. We crawl after Jimin who someone knows the direction to go. He stops and kicks open the vent cover before climbing down.
     I realize we are at the ship docking base. There are two large ships shuttled nearly inside like a garage. We all begin quickly putting on our proper gear before climbing into one of the ships and hiding in the back.
     Only minutes later do we hear the soldiers coming in and preparing the ship for takeoff. I notice Namjoon talking to one of the soldiers and sending him to man the other ship.
     Jin scowls beside me as his mate climbs inside this one with us. I almost laugh but don't. We can't be exposed until it's too late to bring us back.
     This was really almost too easy. Why?
     My stomach drops as we begin descending out of Jooheon's larger space ship and being approaching the snake's planet. It's honestly beautiful and very very colorful.
     As we get closer I realize it's more a water world. Fucking great—water snakes. So this is where the Loch Ness monster derived from perhaps? Hehe.
     I really really don't want to die.
    Why do I have to be such a loyal great friend to the end? Fuck Jin and his stupidly. Whaaa.
    How could I be so stupid as to follow him down here?! What's wrong with me!
     As the ship dives lower and begins to shake, I grasp Jimin and feel fur. His fluffy tail whacks me in the face as he anxiously stares out the window in his beast form. Good god. I cough out of my mouth and wrap my arms around him for dear life. I need something to ground and comfort me and beast or not—Jimin is a huge ass cat. I'll take it over cold reptilians any day.