Chapter Nineteen

"Jeez can you relax?" I annoyedly asked as Momo kept skipping around dragging my arm around after her.

"What?! I'm just excited to meet your friend!" Momo stopped and gave me a pouty look as we stood in the hospital hallway.

"Hey I know, but she's precious too me okay. I don't want her to get overwhelmed by my annoying sister" we turned the corner and there was quite the spectacle down the hall. I raised a eyebrow since it was where Mina's room is. I quickly broke from Momo grip and I jogged down the hallway.

"Hey" I heard Momo call from behind me. I spotted a familiar figure sitting on a chair with his head in his hands. Nurses and doctors flew in and out and I could hear a slight sob.

"Mr Sato?" I asked causing him to look up at me. His eyes were red, like he'd been crying.

"Y/n?" He responded

"Principal?" Momo suddenly asked as she caught up to us.

"What's happening?" I asked confusion. Mr Sato stood up and put his hand on my shoulder. He smiled but a tear rolled down his cheek. I'd never seen a grown man cry, let alone it being my strict principal.

"She's with Ms Tanaka now" I was confused.

"Ms Tanaka? But-" That when it hit me what he meant.

"No...no...no! But she was fine yesterday?! W-We even took her too the beach with us!" My mind was racing

"You're a good kid Y/n, I know you did what you could to make Mina happy..." He took his hand of my shoulder.

"B-But how do you know!?" I felt a lump in my throat. I wanted to cry but I couldn't.

"Because of this" He reached into his jacket and he pulled out a envelope, it was already opened. I took it and just stared at it.

"What's this?" I looked at Mr Sato.

"A love letter... Mina wanted me to give you this some days ago, but I got curious and I read it. I was reluctant because I'm not fond of the idea that someone would date my precious Mina. But I know this is what she'd want" He patted my shoulder before he walked off leaving me and Momo standing there.

"Y/n..." Momo called, I was about to respond when a hospital bed with a white sheet was rolled out. I could see the shape of a person under the sheet and I already knew it was Mina. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I fell to my knees on the marble floor as tears started pouring down my face.

"Oh g-god fuuuck... h-how can s-she be goooneee" Momo got on her knees beside me and just held me close. I still couldn't understand how she was gone so fast. She was fine yesterday now she's fucking dead.... where's Sana?! She was with Mina last.

"Y/n let's go home..." Momo suggested. I didn't wanna move I didn't want to I had to see her one last time.

"NO!" I stood up and I sprinted towards the direction where I saw the nurses take Mina. I ran and I ran until I caught up with them. They were wheeling her into the mortuary.

"Fucking stop please!" I shouted catching their attention. I ran up to them and they all looked at me.

"Can we help you?" One of the nurses asked.

"P-Please can I just see h-her one l-last time..." tears still pouring down my face. They looked at each other then back at me.

"Okay, but be quick, we need to preserve the body" One of the nurses grabbed the sheet and gently pulled it down revealing Mina's ghostly pale face. Her dark brown hair. Her flawless features. She looked so peaceful as she laid there. Just like how she looked when I left that morning...

"I'm sorry... I promised I'd get you better and I fucking failed..." I muttered to myself as I stroked her cold cheek.

"Okay that's enough we need to get it moving. There's more patients who need us" one of the nurses said as she pulled the sheet back over Mina.

"Yeah... sorry and t-thanks..." I walked back to where Momo was standing. She had a sad look on her face. As soon as I could I wrapped my arms around her and I hugged her as tight as I could. I kept crying I couldn't stop.

"Shhh I know... I know... let's go home" She broke the hug and all I could do was give her a pathetic nod. She hugged my arm and we left the hospital to go home. I still clutched the envelope the entire way home.