Chapter Twelve

"Mina... Mina... Mina..." I mumbled to myself as I approached Ms Tanaka's sushi shop. It was surprisingly packed today as I looked through the front window. I opened the front door and made my way inside, I looked around for Ms Tanaka but I didn't see her anywhere.

"Probably busy cooking..." I muttered under my breath as I made my way to the counter. I tried to peak into the kitchen but I couldn't see anyone. I was sure she didn't mind if I just went to Mina's room right? I went behind the counter and upstairs into the apartment area. I was familiar with the area now so I knew where Mina's room was. I quietly made my way and I opened the bedroom door.

"Empty?" I stood in the doorway when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Excuse me you're not allowed to be here" I recognised the voice immediately. I turned around and I was Ms Tanaka standing there.

"Oh y/n! Why are you here?" She looked at me with a curious look.

"Ms Tanaka, excuse me for intruding, I was looking for you but I didn't see you anywhere. I just wanted to check up on Mina" Her expression changed when I mentioned Mina's name.

"Oh I see, yes it's very busy today so I always have to be everywhere at once heh... oh and as for Mina. Her.... condition has worsened. Mr Sato took her to a the hospital and it's not looking good" She let out a sigh. I didn't really know how to comfort the poor lady so I patted her on the shoulder.

"Don't worry Ms Tanaka, Mina is a strong girl. Do you think they'd let me go visit her if I went now?" She rubbed her chin as she thought for a second.

"Think so, but you'll have to hurry, they close down visitation very soon" I let go of her shoulder and nodded.

"Then I'll be on my way, also I'm sorry again for intruding" She smiled and shook her head.

"No need to apologise Y/n, you're always welcome here since you're so kind and caring about my precious Mina" I smiled.

"No worries, it's the least I can do, but I won't waste more of your time. See you soon!" I waved at her before I made my way downstairs into the restaurant.

"Haha you're so silly" That voice... I turned my head to the side and I spotted Nayeon with a guy around our age. She was giving him a playful hit to the arm and he was chuckling. I immediately raised a eyebrow as I approached them.

"Nayeon who the fuck is this?" I asked as I pointed at the guy grabbing both their attention.

"I could ask the same question" the guy replied as he got up from his seat. He was taller then me and stared down at me but I wasn't backing down.

"I thought you were spending time with your parents! And I catch you with some random guy!?"

"You're the random guy here, and you're ruining our dinner. Get lost before I kick your ass..." he cracked his knuckles and Nayeon stepped in.

"Hey both of you calm down please, this is Y/n... please sit down" She grabbed the guys sleeve and made him sit down. She took my arm and dragged me off the exit.

"Y/n what are you doing here?! And it's my brother! Why you picking fights?!" She was upset.

"B-brother?!... oh..." I felt embarrassed and I looked like a idiot.

"Y-Yes my brother ugh you're so embarrassing!" She hit me in the chest.

"But where's your parents?! You said you'd be with them?" She groaned.

"No you don't get ask questions ok?! You fucking embarrassed all of us, just go we'll talk at school" she stormed back inside leaving me confused and upset in the doorway.