Love? (Perrie)

A/N: You are a successful solo artist at an interview. Also, flashbacks will be in italics.

"Alright, we're back with Y/N Y/L/N, " the radio host said after the commercial break. "We're going to be playing a game. Are you read Y/N?"

"Yeah, let's go, " you said, always excited to play fun games.

"Great, so you're going to play Rapid Fire. It's simple. I ask a question, and you answer as quickly and truthfully as possible, " the host explained. "Got it?"

"Yup, " you said, popping the p.

"Alright, we'll start easy. What's your favorite color?"

"Gold, " you reply without hesitation.

"Nice. Favorite place in the world?"

"Oh uh, Japan, " you say after a second of thought.

"Apple or orange juice?"

"Orange juice, obviously, " you say with a chuckle.

"Wierd, " the host says, making the both of you laugh. "Dogs or cats?"

"Both. I can't choose."

"Understandable. Who was your first kiss with?"

"Trying to get some secrets out of me, " you say, joking. "This boy in my class that asked me to the school dance."

"How was it?"

"Not bad considering we were inexperienced 14-year-olds, " you say with a laugh at the memory.

"Any new music?"

"Yes, but that's all you get."

"At least I tried, " the host says, shrugging. "And last but not least, have you ever been in love?"

At the mention of the word "love," a million thoughts and memories race through your mind all of one person, Perrie Edwards.

"What are you doing, baby girl?"

"Just appreciating life, " you said, turning to Perrie. "How perfect my life is in this moment and how I want it to stay this way forever."

"Well, I don't mind forever so long as I have you, " Perrie said, giving you a sweet kiss.

...

"Y/N have you seen my hoodie, " Perrie yelled from the closet. Your eyes widened as you look down at the hoodie Perrie was searching for.

"Uh, no?" At the uncertainty in your voice, Perrie came out of the closet, shocked to find you in her hoodie. "Y/N, why are you in my hoodie?"

"Because it's my favorite one, " you whined and wrapped your arms around yourself. "It smells like you and makes me feel like you're always hugging me."

"Why not give me my hoodie and let me actually hug you. Isn't that better?"

"But, sharing is caring," you said.

"Then why don't you share my hoodie with me, " Perrie said with a pout.

"Fine, " you said and walked into the closet, confusing Perrie. You came back out with Perrie's favorite hoodie of yours. "Here."

You watched Perrie pull your hoodie over her head and snuggle into it since it was one of your oversized ones.

You giggled before pulling Perrie to the couch where you had a movie marathon wrapped in each other's arms.

...

"Y/N? What's wrong?"

You looked at Perrie with red eyes and tear-stained cheeks. "There were some comments, and they said that I didn't deserve you and that you should break up with me."

"Y/N, whatever you saw isn't true. I love you. Whatever anybody says doesn't change that and never will, " Perrie said, making you look up at her.

"You love me?"

"With all my heart, " Perrie said, staring into your eyes.

"I love you too, " you said before pulling Perrie into a heated but passionate kiss.

"I love you too, " you repeated in a whisper after pulling away.

"No, I don't think so."

"Well, that's it for Rapid Fire. Thank you Y/N for joining us in the studio today, " the host said.

"Thanks for having me, " you said, your voice lacking its usual joy.

"For everyone listening, stream Y/N's new song on all platforms, and don't forget to download."

As the host brought your interview to a close, you quickly left the studio just wanting to get home and be alone.

You raced home, spending the whole ride trying to forget a time in your life that you regret giving up.

A time in your life that no one could ever know existed. A time that you would give everything up to get back.

But that's not how the world works, and you knew you had to accept that.