Woman's Best Friend (Perrie)

You arrived at the park to see that it was mostly empty. You looked down at your puppy Charlie to see him already looking at you excitedly.

You reach down to unclip his leash, and the second you do, you can see the look of mischief in his eye.

"Don't do anything stupid, Charlie."

It was like the words were a challenge because the next thing you know, he's running full speed across the park at an unsuspecting blonde.

"Charlie no, " you shouted, running after him. Your efforts to catch up and stop Charlie fail when he crashes into the blonde, bringing her down.

You hurry to catch up to the pair and grab Charlie's leash. He, of course, looks up at you with that lopsided grin that made you fall in love in the first place.

"I'm so sorry about him, " you say standing over her and offering your hand. "He's still in training," you said.

"No problem, " she said with a laugh as you helped her up.

"I'm Y/N, and that little bulldozer down there is Charlie, " you said, pointing down at Charlie.

"Well, I'm Perrie, and this is Hatchi."

You looked down to see the small fluffy Pomeranian sitting next to Perrie off-leash. "How did you get him to be so behaved?"

"A lot of training. Maybe I could help you with Charlie sometime, " Perrie suggested.

"Yeah, I'd love that."

You and Perrie continue to talk while Charlie and Hatchi play not too far from you.

After being at the park for over an hour and another attempt from Charlie to plow one of you down, you both decide it's time to go home.

You and Perrie exchange numbers before you clip on Charlie's leash and start guiding him home.

As you walk home, you look down at Charlie, who meets your gaze. "Thanks, best friend."

Charlie gives you another one of his grins, and even though you know he doesn't understand, you can't help but smile back.