I locked my knees in place once I had secured my arms at the base of her neck. I gave a sharp whistle as her signal to go.

She took it without hesitation, and we were sprinting until her wings flapped and we took air.

I gave a whoop of delight, I'd never cease to enjoy the freedom I felt as the wind rushed past my face and around my braid.

Asura gave a delighted hoot as we took a sharp incline up.

I was hit by a bunch of water as we flew through a cloud.

The thin air was incredible on my somewhat hot skin from the hot bath. Asura skimmed over the clouds like flying over an ocean. I leaned over with my hand and touched the soft cloud which materialized away from my touch.

"Ready, Baby Girl?" I grinned.

We'd never done this before but it was as if we were on the same wavelength.

Asura was excited and I closed my eyes taking a leap of faith.

I pushed off the saddle with my hands and legs out like a starfish.

I heard the wind whistling in my ears and felt my palm brush Asura's wing.

It was a few more seconds and the air thickened and I ravished in the peace of the air in my face and my hair.

I heard Asura hoot,

Okay, that was the signal we were getting close.

I grasped the saddle and pulled myself onto it with some minor difficulty.

We shot up again and the adrenaline raced in my blood like shooting stars across a midnight sky.

It was exhilarating, I wished the feeling could last forever.

But, alas as the saying goes- all good things must come to an end.

We descended onto a high platform much to my disappointment. I reurned to the confines of my mind bidding the taste of freedom a bitter, 'until next time.'

Perhaps my luck wasn't out. I had just ran into someone, and that someone was Sokka.

"Hey, where have you been? We haven't seen you in ages" Katara mimped (to speak in a prissy manner usually with pursed lips).

I winced, her voice was somewhat high. She was in another stubborn mood. I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes through she likely wouldn't see it. But, whatever.

Convincing her of Jet's possible danger would be difficult.

Luckily, Sokka seemed to share my same hesitation.

Aang however, was oblivious. Or perhaps he was denying the possibilities that he'd likely encounter in the future. It was clear he was covering his anxiety with innocence (though a high majority of that was likely just innocence). Still my point remained.

"Sorry, guys. Asura got hungry, and she didn't want to go alone" I blurted an excuse.

Katara accepted it with some reluctance but continued forward to catch up with Jet. She was practically glued to his side.

Aang definitely seemed jealous at Katara's lusted expression as she stared at Jet. Each word he spoke she practically swooned.

Aang walked forward with a gulp. It was clear he was not enjoying watching the two. But he continued forward.

Sokka stopped next to me,

"Something's up" he muttered with narrowed eyes glaring holes in Jet's skull.