40 | Playing cupid

Spruha was busy with her hospital duty. In this new week at her work , she was getting know with everyone. In her little breaks , she used to meet Prisha and her other new friends. She acquainted herself well , and her staff loved her. Especially her tasty lunch box was cherished by all.

Like every other day , today also she was at her work. She was in her cabin , just after a long surgery. She tried to calm herself. She was annoyed on her nurse practitioner Damini , infact she was annoyed with all her colleagues. All her neuro surgeon friends were always seen in the cardio department drooling over a senior Cardiologist. Even in canteen , there were talks about him... she found this odd. Having a random crush or a mere infatuation is okay , but these girls were literally finding over his kundali matching with them? For what? Don't they've work?? Ohh and his caveman look was so popular , that every other male in Sanjeevani had the style!?

Sighing , she packed her bag took her white coat , washed her face with some cool tap water and dabbed her face with a napkin. Giving a final look at her face , she moved out of her cabin.

Spruha was back home tired after a long day. She kissed Pihu on the crown of her head and moved to her room , smiling at Nisha. The old Agarwal's were busy discussing about something un-noticing  their tired daughter.

Tired , she slumped on her bed closing her eyes.

______

Shalmali prepared Chicken biryani , her son's favourite , decorating the dish with the essentials she moved towards his room.

He had just returned from hospital and had a shower. He came out wrapping a towel on his lower waist while the other wiping his wet locks. He heard the door knob click.

"Maa" he called and smiled at his mother. Shalmali placed the tray on the adjacent table and went towards him. Varad changed in a grey t-shirt and black track pants. The aroma of Chicken biryani hit his nostrils and he moaned in appreciation. He rubbed his palms and licked his lips. Shalmali chuckled at his naughty action.

Varad urged his mother to stay and feed him. She smiled and nodded. "Kitna bada hua hai tu ab varad!" His mother chided. He chuckled at his mother's sentence. "Hmm.... Wow! Ajj itne dino baad aapke haath ki biryani kha raha hu!!.... So delicious!" He moaned as she fed him next spoon. He had a good time with his time , with casual talks. After so many days , he enjoyed healthy and tasty homemade food.

However , shalmali hadn't forgotten about her promise to talk with him. She initiated a conversation as she was massaging his scalp.

"Kitna stress leta hai tu! Kyu itna kaam karta hai?? Ghar bhi late aata hai , fikr hoti hai mujhe tumhari varad! Kuch baat hui hai kya??" His mother said worried. Varad groaned lifting his head upwards , his eyes shut.

"Maa... Workload jyaada hai. I need to help people save their lives. You know my profession is demanding an--" he mother cut him off before he could continue.

"Haa haa , but if you will take care of your health then only you can save people lives!! Yeh bhi koi baat hu kya?? You don't care at all. Thik se breakfast nahi karta , kuch khaata nahi hai , akela rehta hai... Baat nahi karta , kya baat hai varad? Are you facing any problem , baby??" His mother's worried tone bought slight tears in his eyes. He knew he was hurting his parents by such behaviour. He didn't wanted to make them worry. But she was his mother! How can he fool her...?

"Are you in love... Varad??" The sudden question bombarded made varad shocked. The room went silent and varad's heartbeat echoed in the room. His mother looked in his eyes for answer.

"Sach hai fir yeh!" And she laughed a little. Varad was confused. He couldn't understand what his mother was upto.

"Maa... You... What I..." He was fumbling with his sentence while she held him by his shoulder and made him sit on the bed.

"Pyaar karta hai tu usse???" She asked caressing his face. Varad muffled a cry and hugged his mother , his hands around the nape of her neck. She soothed him rubbing his back.

"Bataega kaun hai woh?? Jo mere bacche ko aise uske pyaar mein deewana banake gayi..." And they both laughed.

Varad got out of her embrace and rubbed his eyes from the back of his palm. "SPRUHA" he said smiling.

"Chal abb bata teri love story!" Shalmali said clapping her hands making him laugh.

Varad shared their story.... He almost cried when he talked about how she left him without telling him anything , and he lost her. He confessed his love for her to his mother. He confessed that he was scared that he would loose her again! He wanted her in his life forever. He cried his heart out in his mother's embrace letting go everything which ached him.

"Don't cry baby , look here!" Shalmali said as she made him look at her  and wiped the lone tear from the corner of her eyes. She was happy knowing , her son has found someone he loves and cares for her.

"Maa.." he whispered.

"Tell me , shona... Do you love her??" She asked again.

This time varad gave the answer she waited to hear ,
"Yes! I do.... A lot!" He said smiling.

"Toh fir dekh... Abb mein kya karti hu!" His mother said smirking leaving a completely confused varad.

..

"Samjhe???" She asked Rajeev , her husband who had his hand on his chin and specs over his head as if he was thinking deeply.

"Hmm... So , you mean to say our son is in love??" He asked shalmali wiggling his brows who rolled her eyes at him as she sipped her chai.

"Hmm... Toh janaab , abb aage kya karna hai???" He asked smirking and shalmali smiled.

She shared her plan with her husband and both cheered hi-fing.

"Mission #SpruhaVarad!"

"Mission #SpruhaVarad!" Both said unison laughing.

❆❆❆

Hello Dearies❤️

Varad has confessed his love to his mother.

What are his parents upto??

*Wiggles brows*

Stay tuned! Keep reading keep supporting ❤️