36 | Racing hearts

• PRESENT •

Four years! After four years , Spruha was finally home! She stood on the very familiar land , she knew for ages. The familiar environment , the same hustling sounds of vehicles running on the road , everything familiar! The soothing smell of the soil after the first rain made her smile with ectasy.

The month of July had arrived with the showers of rain! She was finally back home. Spruha smiled as she had a look around. The pouring rain , cool breeze , the small chai tapri at the corner made her heart flutter like a peacock dancing in the rain!!! Spruha collected her luggage and stood at a safe corner.

Soon , she called her brother for picking her up. She smiled when she heard her mother's chirpy voice. The Agarwal's were too excited for their daughter's come back. Unfortunately , the heavy rains cancelled their plan to pick their daughter at the airport. So , it was only Siddhesh----her brother who was going to pick her up. Spruha settled down on a nearby bench waiting for her brother.

Her heart fluttered , remembering the similar memory of 'him'. Her talk with Shantanu. He was a great friend! He and Mayra as said always called her!! And they were still connected!

Meanwhile she texted her friends and told them about her return. Prisha and Varun were now successful doctors! Working in a reputed hospital. The same was with her other friends. However , she knew nothing about him. Neither anyone talked about him.

With time , the rains were pouring heavy and there were water puddles in the cracks of the road. The soft cool breeze kissed her cheeks making her shiny long wave along. Her dazzling earrings twisted with the wind , dancing. It was a beautiful sight to see!

Spruha's heart melted seeing the small children playing in the rain , near the garden. She smiled as she remembered how she used to enjoy the first rain dancing in the terrace of their earlier row house. Her brother still haven't arrived and she had to wait. Because of the traffic , her brother would get late to recieve her so she kept waiting at the port for him.

After sometime , she finally stood and started walking towards the children playing. As she stepped out of the shade , the rain drops dripping down on her showered on her making her wet slowly. She smiled as the breeze kissed her wet hairs and the sound of lightening made the weather more enthralling. Soon , she started dancing and enjoying with the little munchkins in the rain.

________

Varad was a successful Cardiologist at Mumbai's well-known Sanjeevani hospital. He well busied himself in work and surgeries he performed. Till now , Varad Malhotra was a trusted and popular name in Sanjeevani for the best ever Cardiologist. Young interns and nurses were in love with his great physique , dashing look , his sexy beard.. why will they not!!?? He was the well-known batchelor doctor on whom all the female species drooled over. But did he care??? Ofcourse NOT! Because , his heart was always taken by his sweetheart!

In these four years , varad has broken many girls hearts!! Poor them!!?? He was a one woman man! And his heart was already with the one he loved with all his heart!!! To escape such situations , he had a platinum ring in his ring finger , just so to know the others , he's no more single! And already mingled!!

Other than that , his life was as usual! Hospital work home and vice versa. Today , he was extremely happy! For his little Dimple was returning home!! She was returning for a vacation from Chandigarh where she was pursuing her MBA. It was a strict order from his Raani sahiba for only him to pick her up at the port. So , here he was finishing his last surgery for the day , keeping his rest schedule free for the next two days to spend time with his cutiepie!

After shower he was ready with his car keys and was all ready to go , when he had an emergency and had to rush to the hospital. Varad said his mother to inform Dimple about his whereabouts and in short time he would be there to pick her.

Soon after his emergency he moved to pick his sister. It was dusk time and there was light drizzling of rain. Unfortunately , he was stuck in traffic and the rains were getting heavy making things more difficult. Making his way through the busy streets of Mumbai , in heavy rains he was finally at the port. Dimple's flight was delayed due to heavy rains. So , varad had to wait for another 15 minutes.

_______

Spruha was engaged with the little munchkins , dancing with the rhythms of the rain , laughing and turning around. She was so last , that it was only her alone and she dancing in the rain , like old times.

As she was playing around , suddenly she bumped into something hard and when she was about to fall , two firm hands snaked her waist holding her tight. Spruha's hand landed on the firm human wall protecting her. Her heart raced high , as she felt the pulse racing wild through the hand kept on the chest of the owner. Her breath hitched , and her heart fluttered memorizing the same feeling she felt years ago! Her button like eyes kept closing and opening while the rain drops kept dripping all over them. She felt so surreal and warm in its embrace.

What was it??
That made her heart flutter again??

What is it??
That made her want more of this serendipitous feeling??

Why???

What was this spark , that made all the nerves of the body risen and make her feel all those things she experienced before....????

What was it...???

🔹🔹🔹

Tadaa!! 💃🏻 Hey there all!! Here we go with the second half of this story which is turning out to be more interesting!!!! How was the update??? Spruha is finally back!!! How will #SpruhaVarad unite again!!?? What will happen next..!!?? Stay tuned! Give your honest reviews for the update!! Keep reading , keep supporting ❤️