Chapter 18

When you leave the room, you spot Ron in the corridor talking to Luna and a few others you recognise as members of Dumbledore's Army. Ron waves you over when he notices you.

"Hey y/n, over here," says Ron. "Search is over, Neville found somewhere perfect. It's up on the seventh floor, we're heading there now."

"Okay, lets go," you say, then you join the rest of the group and follow Ron up the stairs.

When you reach the corridor on the seventh floor, you spot Harry standing beside an interesting looking door.

"Quickly," he says. "It's in here."

You slip through the door and find yourself in a large room. There's a training area in the middle, and a large bookcase to the side full of magic books. Hermione is stood in the middle of the room with the rest of Dumbledore's Army.

"What is this place?" you ask.

"It's the Room of Requirement", says Hermione. "Also known as the Come and Go Room. It appears when a person has real need for, and it's always equipped for their needs."

"It's brilliant," says Harry. "It's like Hogwarts wants us to fight back."

"I guess we could start learning as everyone is here already," you say.

"Yes, good idea," says Harry. "Okay, gather around everyone."

Everyone else moves around into a rough circle in the centre of the room.

"Okay, where to start," Harry mutters to himself and looks around the room.

"Stunning is a useful first spell in any wizards arsenal," says Harry. "Y/n, can you help me demonstrate?"

"Yeah, okay," you say. "What do you need me to do?"

"Just stand over there, and give it your best shot," says Harry.

"Err, but I don't know how," you say.

"Oh, of course, I forgot. I'm sorry," says Harry. "Alright, if it's okay, I'll demonstrate it on you instead?"

"Err, yeah, I guess," you say.

The last thing you remember is Harry crying "Stupefy!" and you flying across the room.

You wake up in the hospital wing sometime later. As your eyes come back into focus you see Hermione and Harry sitting beside the bed.

"Y/n, you're awake," says Hermione. "How are you feeling?"

You think for a moment. "Sore," you say. "My head hurts."

"I'm really sorry," says Harry looking concerned. "The stunning spell sent you flying back further than I expected, you hit your head on the fireplace."

"I was so worried," says Hermione, she sits on the edge of the bed and grips your hand.

"I'll be fine," you say and squeeze Hermione's hand back.

"Well, if you're okay, I should get back to the lesson," says Harry. "And I'm sorry again."

"It's okay," says Hermione. "I'll stay and make sure she's alright."

Harry gives you a sheepish look then turns and heads back to the Room of Requirement.

Hermione leans over and sweeps a loose bit of hair back behind your ear, then grins at you.

"I was scared... when you didn't get up....but I'm so happy to see you are okay," says Hermione, and she wipes a tear from her cheek.

"I'm happy to see you too, Hermione," you say, and smile at her.

Hermione looks like she is about to say something when the privacy screen is pulled back and Madam Pomfrey walks over to you.

"Hello again, Miss y/n," says Madam Pomfrey. "I only saw you last night, I was not expecting you again so soon."

"Yes, sorry," you say.

"Humph, well as long as you don't make it a habit," says Madam Pomfrey. "Now sit yourself up and let me have another look at your head."

You sit up in bed and Madam Pomfrey parts your hair and looks closely at the back of your head.

"Yes, yes. That's all healed nicely," she says. "You may feel a little woozy for a few days, and I would like to keep you in overnight for observations, but you should be fine."

"Okay, thank you," you say.

"Well as you are here I should check on your other injury from yesterday, make sure that has all healed properly," says Madam Pomfrey. "Roll over and lift your gown."

You are a little reluctant with Hermione watching, but you feel like you have to follow the orders. You lift the sheets off of you and are slightly surprised to find all your clothes have been removed and you are wearing just a hospital gown instead.

You shuffle down the bed slightly, then roll over so you are laying on your belly. The hospital gown you are wearing naturally falls open at the back and reveals your naked body underneath. Madam Pomfrey bends over and stares closely at your bum.

"Yes, healed nicely, no scaring," says Madam Pomfrey. "Okay, that was all."

And with that Madam Pomfrey closes the privacy screen and walks back to her office. You are still laying on your belly as she never told you to stop.

"So can I roll back over now," you say. "Or was I supposed to stay like this?"

"You can stay like that if you want, I was enjoying the view," says Hermione, then she blushes when she realises that she said it out loud. "No, I mean... I'm sorry.... I... that was inappropriate."

"That's okay, if you want... I mean..no," you say, and then start to blush too.

You and Hermione look at each other awkwardly for a moment, then you both burst out laughing.

As the laughter dies down, you roll back over and pull the sheets up to cover yourself. Hermione lays on top of the bed next to you and puts her arm around you. You both lay there for a while without speaking. Eventually, Hermione looks up and stares deeply into your eyes.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable before, y/n," she says. "But I can't help it, I think you are really pretty."

"Thank you," you say, slightly unsure how you should respond. "Err, you're really pretty too."

"How are you feeling now?" Hermione asks.

"Err, a bit tired," you say. "And my head's still sore."

"No, I meant about us," says Hermione. "How do you feel about us?"

"Oh, err, I....umm..." you struggle to find a sentence. "My head...tired..."

"Yeah, I'm sorry," says Hermione. "You're tired, you should sleep."

"Umm, yeah. Sleep," you say.

Hermione stays laying on the bed next to you, her arm around you and cuddling up to you. It makes you feel safe and relaxed being held close by Hermione like this. You are still not sure what your feelings are towards her, but right now you just feel happy that she is with you.

You sigh contentedly and drift off into a peaceful sleep.