"I'm sorry but we can't do that. Follow us and nothing happens to your Mariah. I would hurry before her dad finds her" My heart stops at Blake's words. Fucking Knox. I signal for them to lead the way and follow them silently. We walk through many halls, earning many looks from different people. I ignore them all, only ignoring Caleb and walking in silence beside Noah. Finally, we reach a room and walk in. There I see the back of Mariah's head.

"And honestly, I'm pretty annoying, so I don't think you'll be lasting very long sir. I already see a lot of grey hair and potential bald areas" She rants, and I feel my lips widen in a grin. "I can make you a hair cure if you want, it's very organic and vegan" She adds.

"she's been annoying him ever since she came" Blake whispers to us as we watch the man look at her in anger.

"If Knox doesn't kill you, I will" He curses. That's Triden I'm guessing. Blake told us he was working for him.

"The old fart? Yeah no, I'm killing him. You got it all mixes up sweetheart" she says and before I knew it, I hear Levi chuckle and Mariah looks back at her. She looks at me and her face seems to look relieved, and I send her the same expressions.

"Hey guys! This is Triden. Him and I are best of buds" Mariah states which makes me chuckle. Triden disregards her to look at me with an unknown emotion.

"There she is" Triden stares at me, for a second, I thought he looked through my body, because his stare was intense. What does he mean with "there she is"?

This Triden walks towards me with open arms, and I lift my gun at him. "don't you dare to come one step closer."

All the guards around us lifts their weapons, and making our group react too.

We all stand here, about to be caught in a crossfire, I hear Hua coming closer and getting Noah in the back slowly.

"Relax guards" Triden pauses, "don't you know that she is my daughter" he points at me "and soon to be grandchild."

"Katie clearly didn't get the looks from you" Mariah tells Triden from the back. The things that just got said didn't sink in before now, he is my father. No way. That makes Blake my brother. That's why he called me his sister.

"You're lying" I yell at Triden, that thing could never be my father. "I don't have a family".

Tears are pressing and I am sure my eyes look like glass at this point.

"I don't have a family because of you" I pause "that was in the past, now I got all of these people, and I don't fucking need you anymore" I scream at him, holding my finger tighter around the trigger.

"You tell him, girl!" Mariah exclaims and Triden shoots her a look, she gives him a smug one back.

Triden looks around, "get Knox" he tells one of the guards, and he leaves.

"Hear here my daughter, they aren't you family, I am your blood."

"And you left me" I pause "I rather have them, than you."

"you bitch! You will listen to whatever I say" he pauses "be like your brother!"

"What brother, I don't even know him. And you expect me to be a family with you."

We all yell, but suddenly Blake moves, towards me, I don't know in what direction to hold my gun, at Blake of Triden, both apparently my blood, but what is blood worth anyways.

"No father, I stopped being your son the moment mother died" Blake stands now behind me, holding his gun at Triden, like I do.

Knox walks in the door and he already has his gun ready.

"Fucking great, the old fart" Mariah mutters loudly and Knox glares at her.

Triden looks over his shoulder at him, "you can take her, these ungrateful kids don't deserve our mercy."

"don't you fucking dare to move." I point the gun at Knox.

"And what can you do, fat bitch?", I look down at my belly, and up again.

"You're the fat one, you old fart!" Mariah says, and jumps up tackling Knox, she must have freed herself, while I was talking with Triden, but there wasn't enough time to think, we already began shooting. "Hey let go you fucker!" I hear Mariah yell.

We all try to get shelter from different places, but I can't see Triden, and not even Mariah, where the fuck is she?

"He is there" I hear Blake say, and he runs away.

"No wait for m-" I get caught off by a shot.

I look at who was shooting, and I see Knox, if Knox is here, where is Mariah? Did he...? No, he couldn't have. But she screamed at him. No, she's too stubborn.

I stand up, holding my gun, but before I get to shoot my shot, I hear someone else shoot from my left, as I look, I see my father pointing a gun at me.

I look down, expecting a wound, but there he lies.

Caleb Is bleeding by my feet.

I fall to my knees, holding into him.

"No, don't" my tears roll down without noticing.

"Hey princess" why is he calling me that now? Don't!

"Do you forgive me?" he lifts his hand, brushing my hair out of my face.

"of course, I do."

"Good, because I love you princess."

"I love you too."

Writers; Kaynad M. & Maryam S.

Word count; 1542 

Side note; the next chapter will be the last chapter of this book😪