Shadow

You wake up by Doffy's side in the morning. He is sleeping calmly as always since the first night you took his nightmares.

His left hand is holding your face by his neck, the other hugging your back gently. His lips are slightly pressed to the top of your head, you feel his breath on your skin. You breath in his comforting scent.

It has been a few weeks since we said goodbye to Law and the others after the Impel Down incident.

Everything is so peaceful. Even though we try to be careful. Doffy got so many enemies after Dressrosa. But luckily almost no one of them are around our level.

You tenderly move his muscular arm from your back and leave his embrace as silently as you can.

He shivers a bit so you lean back and kiss his forehead, earning a little smile im his sleep. You stroke his blonde hair and watch his face for a few seconds before going out to the kitchen.

This is not a huge ship, but more than enough for the two of us.

You start to make a green tea to wake up a little, using Doffy's pink kettle. He is turning every object into The Colour little by little.

I will have to talk with him about this. But it makes him so happy, after the "gray month" of the prison.

You sit down to the table and pull up your legs a little. You drink tea many times a day.

It just feels amazing. In most of my life, even almost boiling water felt cold.

Thanks to you Doffy, I'm whole again. In a warm, bright, and bit more pink than necessary world.

Your movements stop when you spot a letter on the dining table.

What can it be?

You feel uneasy, looking at the piece of paper. Your breath stops when you recognize the handwriting.

[Y/N]

I want to meet you. Please be at the top of the central mountain as soon as you can. I will wait for you there.

Come alone. Don't tell him.

Nioko

The mug falls out of your hand and shatters into pieces on the floor. You gasp and recoil, the letter falls into the tea and gets ruined.

You slide down by the cupboard with widened eyes and tears start to flow on your face.

-Dowly, are you okay? -you hear Doffy's worried voice from the bedroom and his feet meeting the floor.

You try to answer but your throat is too dry.

Nioko.

He was the fifth member of our Navy Unit. He disappeared after Taru got kidnapped and we lost the fight in Sabaody. After two of our friends died and we were hold back.

It has been four years.

How possible can he be here? And how does he know about Doffy? The newspaper didn't write about us yet. Only the Navy knows.

-Dowly? -you hear his voice.

-Nothing! -you shout, trying to wipe off your tears.

They were my first family, after the events in White Town. All like brothers and sisters to me.

I... I thought Nioko died. After disappearing into thin air like that.

That night when he left me alone. I thought the Celestial Dragon's men found and killed him.