Soulmates💜

DOUBLE UPDATE LOVELIES 💜💜

Taehyung lifted his hand in a dazed wave of his own, and Taehyung and Yoongi had barely left the shop before Jimin was hurrying behind the counter, leaning close to Taehyung and talking so fast Taehyung all but lost complete track of what he was saying.

"Taehyung, oh my god Tae do you even understand what just happened? Good morning, you look cute, but Taehyung, look, look, do you see that guy, the blonde one?" Jimin pointed furiously at V just as he walked past the store front's glass and out of sight completely. "Ugh, the one, that was just here, Tae, you know how I'm always telling you, and  even Hobi knows it, too, you look just like that singer that's gotten insanely popular, he's like, Taehyung you don't even know, he's this mega idol right now, he's probably gonna win all the new artist award this year, and anyway, you look like him, I've been telling you for months now, but you just told me you don't listen to that and turns out  you're —your pearl man—"

Taehyung blinked, putting his hand down over the receipt. "It's Perlman."

"That's what I said," Jimin said, snatching the receipt from under Taehyung's limp palm and looking at the paper. "Holy shit. Holy shit."

"No!" Taehyung exclaimed, lunging for the paper and almost ripping it in his haste to take it back from Jimin. "No, you can't see that."

Jimin had already given up and was digging through his phone. "Look, let me show you, let me show you—"

Taehyung's brain felt like it was moving through molasses. He tried to take in everything Jimin had said. "I thought—I thought the guy I looked like was L."

"That's my favorite character from Death Note, which you still haven't watched, and no, you don't look like L, you look like Light, especially with your new hair, Light—"

( mention of Death note 💀📕 )

Taehyung put his hand over Jimin's mouth. "I need a minute to think."

Jimin rolled his eyes, holding out his phone and ducking out from under Taehyung's hand as the chime went off, signaling someone else's entrance. "You look. I'll help these people."

Taehyung frowned after him, then, taking a deep breath, looked down at the page Jimin had left open for him.

It was some celebrity news site, a page dedicated to superstar V, who, Taehyung quickly recognized in the picture, despite the heavier application of makeup and the fact that V's hair in the photo was bright blue.

The page listed quick facts and many, many photos of V, who had risen to fame quickly in the last six months and was ranking the charts with his latest mini-album. A quick scan of the page told him  V had been scouted at a festival in LA in one of his summer stays in America not three years earlier, and he'd been working in the industry ever since. His first album had come out less than a year ago and had already broken records.

Taehyung lingered a little on the photos.

He didn't tend to pay attention to stuff like this, news like this, that was. Taehyung didn't know what was popular or trending, usually had his headphones in, which were connected to his phone which included classical music, almost exclusively. It helped with his violin playing, and he preferred it, usually. Plus, Hoseok was a quiet roommate, despite his loud personality, so all Taehyung really knew of current events was what Jimin rattled off on his visits, and it was a little hard for Taehyung to keep straight all the names of people he didn't know.