𝟏𝟎| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬

Start from the beginning

Kit frowned, sitting on the throne. He didn't want to marry for advantage. He wanted to marry for love, whenever he found the right girl. Just like how much he saw Y/n and Elliot whenever they looked at each other.

"Very well, agreed." He gave in.

"But You Highness..." Captain trailed off, meeting Kit's blue eyes before they both looked back at the Grand Duke, who was trying to hide his smirk.

"But you will spare no effort." The prince commanded.

"Your Majesty, of course. You have my word." And with that, the Grand Duke walked away, finally letting the evil smirk appear on his features.

🐭

Outside of the palace, stood many woman in a line, all wanting to claim to be the lost princess. Guards stood in the front, Y/n's glass slipper in one of their hands.

"Next." One said as the slipper didn't fit another girls foot. Many, many girls continued trying, but none of them fit.

"The slipper traveled the length and breadth of the kingdom,"

🐭

The palace guards rode through the village, the Grand Duke and Captain with them. Many people on the sides, watching them pass.

"visiting every maiden both high and low, and every sort in between."

🐭

The Grand Duke, Captain, and other guards walked inside a bakery, the baker woman's eyes widening upon seeing them.

"Oh, Lord!" She exclaimed.

"You first, madam." The Grand Duke pointed to her.

"Well, I'll give it a go. Right. I say. Where do you want me?" She asked, just as some palace men walked behind the counter, helping her on top of it. "Up! Up I go. Careful, my foot's a bit swollen I've been..."

She stops herself when all the palace men take in a breath, groaning in disgust before passing out simultaneously.

"It's the yeast." The woman explains to the Grand Duke and Captain, trying to hide her embarrassment.

🐭

"The Grand Duke was true to his word."

The Grand Duke, Captain, and some palace guards all rode their horses across a bridge, making their way to more houses for more maiden's to try on the slipper.

🐭

"He spared no effort to demonstrate to the prince that the mystery princess was not to be found."

"It fits!" A woman exclaimed as she tried fitting the glass slipper in her foot, rolling on the floor.

"It doesn't fit you." Grand Duke shot back.

"It does fit!"

"It doesn't fit."

"It's mine! I am the mystery princess!"

"Give back the shoe." He commanded. The woman started protesting. "Take the shoe away from her!"

"Don't take the shoe away from me, please, please!" Two guards lifted her up and off the floor. "Please, it's my shoe!"