𝟒| 𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬

CHAPTER FOUR:

COVERED IN CINDERS

"Elliot's great comfort were the letters that Father would send from his travels

"Elliot's great comfort were the letters that Father would send from his travels. Along with a certain someone..."

Elliot stood outside, feeding the chicken and geese with a smile before looking over his shoulder, his gaze stopping on the h/c girl.

Y/n stood there, a butterfly on her finger, Y/n softly talking to it, like it talked back to her, making the blonde smile even more than he already was.

"The weeks away lengthened to months, but every day would bring his thoughts from some distant part."

As Elliot continued staring at Y/n, he thought about all the great times they had been having together over the past few months her and the Tremaine's moved in. If you walked into a room, you could see the lovestruck look in his eyes.

There was no doubt that the boy had grew feelings for the girl the past few months.

"Sir Elliot, it's the mail coach!" A voice called out, causing the boy to snap out of his trance, turning to the mail coach, excited to read another letter from his father.

🐭

"Until late one afternoon..."

Elliot quickly opened the door, revealing Farmer John standing there, a saddened look on his face.

"Father John?" He questioned, slightly out of breath.

Y/n stood behind Elliot, a couple feet away when Lady Tremaine walked in, standing beside her, Drizella and Anastasia following.

"Elliot. It's your father, son." John started and Elliot's breath hitched in his throat. "He took ill on the road. He's passed on, sir. He's gone. To the end, he spoke only of you, sir. And your mother. I was to give you this." He handed him some flowers.

"Oh, what about my lace?" Anastasia questioned in a sad tone.

"My parasol?" Drizella added.

"Can't you see? None of that matters." Lady Tremaine firmly told her daughters. "We're ruined. How will we live?" With that, she walked out of the room in a fast pace, her daughters following her lead and leaving the room.

Elliot slowly turned back to John, a few tears falling onto his cheeks. "Thank you. It must have been very difficult for you." With a frown, he closed the door before shakily pressing his back against it.