𝟏𝟎| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬

CHAPTER TEN:

THE LOST PRINCESS

LADY TREMAINE AND the Grand Duke sat in a room together, Y/n's broken glass slipper in the Grand Duke's hand, Elliot's broke glass shoe in Lady Tremaine's hand

"May I ask where you got these?" Grand Duke asked.

"From a ragged servant boy and girl in my household." Lady Tremaine responded with a blank expression.

"The mystery prince and princess are commoners." He confirmed.

"You could imagine when I discovered their subterfuge how horrified I was."

"You told no one else?"

"Not even my own daughters." The Grand Duke chuckled at her words. "No one need ever know the truth."

"You've spared the kingdom a great deal of embarrassment." Grand Duke thanked the woman.

"And I should like to keep it that way."

"Are you threatening me?"

"Yes." Both chuckled viscously at her response.

"So what do you want?" He questioned.

"I should like to be countess. And I require advantageous marriages for my two daughters."

"Done. And the girl and boy?"

"Do with them what you will. They're nothing to me."

🐭

"Where?" Kit asked the Grand Duke as them and the Captain walked towards his throne, Y/n's broken glass slipper in the princes hand.

"Abandoned on the side of the road." Grand Duke replied blankly.

"And have you found her?" Kit continued asking eagerly.

"The girl? No, she's disappeared."

"There must be some reason she vanished." Kit suggested. "Perhaps she has been prevented from speaking."

"Do not lose heart, Kit." Captain told the prince.

"On the contrary, lose heart and gain wisdom. The people need to know that the kingdom is secure." The Grand Duke explained. "That the king has a queen, and the land may have an heir. They want to face the future with certainty!"

"Agreed! Then let us be certain. I am king. I say we shall seek out the mystery princess, even if she does not want to be found. I have to see her again." Kit exclaimed. "She's my sister."

"But if she's not found," Grand Duke walked forward. "then for the good of the kingdom, you must forget about her, your sister, and marry the Princess Chelina. For the good of the kingdom."