𝟖| 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT:

CLOCK STRIKES MIDNIGHT

ELLIOT AND Y/N continued dancing with each other, huge smiles plastered on their features

ELLIOT AND Y/N continued dancing with each other, huge smiles plastered on their features. This probably had to be the best birthday Y/n has ever had.

"Come on." Elliot whispered to her, pulling the girl out of the ball as she stared at him curiously. From afar in the crowd of dancing people, Kit continued dancing with a princess, glancing over, seeing Y/n and Elliot leaving.

"What are we doing?" Y/n asked Elliot once they walked outside the ball room.

The blonde shrugged sheepishly. "I just figured we'd go outside, away from everyone. And you know, just spend time to ourselves. Together."

"I like the sound of that." The boy smiled at her words before they walked together, avoiding any guards, hand in hand. "I can't believe we're actually here."

"I know. Me, too." Elliot smiled and nodded. "Oh!" He suddenly gasped, his hand dropping from Y/n's, reaching into his pocket before bringing out a little box, holding it out for the girl. "Happy birthday."

Y/n gasped quietly. "Oh, Elliot. You didn't have to." Elliot shrugged, eagerly holding it out for her more. Y/n slowly took it before opening, revealing a bracelet inside, f/c butterflies on the small chain. "I love it."

"Really?"

"Yes. Yes, I do." A small tear escaped her eye. She never had a gift. The only ever gift she had gotten was from Emile, which was years ago. Elliot noticed the tear on her cheek and quickly wiped it away before cupping her face, her skin under his hand.

Y/n glanced up, the two of them staring into each others eyes.

"You look beautiful." Elliot murmured, glancing down at her pink lips. Just then, they felt themselves lean in, her vibrant e/c eyes staring into his blue ones. But before their lips could touch, a throat being cleared caught their attention.

Looking over at the sound, they found Kit right there, smiling softly at them, but feeling guiltily and awkward.

"Mr. Kit." Y/n greeted, Elliot giving him a nod.

Kit nodded back. "May I take her?" His question was directed to Elliot, motioning to Y/n.

The boy glanced at Y/n before nodding. "Of course." He kissed her cheek, the two sharing a knowing look before Elliot walked back into the ball, trying to avoid his stepmother and stepbrothers.

"So, you're the prince." Y/n broke the silence as she walked with Kit, noticing his fancy clothing.

He chuckled. "Not "the prince," exactly. There are plenty of princes in the world. I'm only a prince."

"But your name's not really Kit."

"Certainly it is, and my father still calls me that, when he's especially un-peeved at me."