ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟜𝟝

Watching Asahi was pitiful.

Mamoru couldn't help but feel bad every time the ace was blocked. His nightmare was once again coming true, much to their horror.

He could almost see the cloud hanging over Asahi's head. There were the little signs too, like the clenched fists, the tight face, and the set frown.

In a joust, Aone managed to get the better of Asahi, managing to send the ball to their side. Mamoru almost thought the rally would be over, but to his surprise, Nishinoya received it.

With a neat twist of his body, Nishinoya sinked into a crouch, sticking his left leg out. The ball bounced off the arch of his foot, ball flying high.

Time seemed to resume again, the ball falling from gravity's work. Asahi shook his head and ran towards the backline to give him space to run forward.

Impulsiveness struck once more.

"One more," Mamoru barked, startling those on the bench. He'd never been quite this loud, but he knew he had to be heard over the crowd. "Don't stop until he scores, Kageyama-kun!"

He wasn't exactly sure what made him shout, but something told him Asahi needed a little bit of a push. Mamoru was sure he could do it. He'd experienced a portion of his power in the game against the Neighborhood Association.

Asahi could do it. He could score the final point.

"Go, Asahi!" Sugawara shouted, catching onto Mamoru's drift.

"Blast through, Asahi!"

"Go!"

It was like watching an egg hatch. There was something exciting about knowing a living being was coming out of the dormant shell it'd been in for some time. Asahi was almost a new person.

He blasted through Date Tech's triple block, sending the ball flying straight up like a pop fly.

The ball landed on the very edge of the net, teetering between the sides. He saw Daichi and #6 run for the ball, but it was too late.

Mamoru didn't realize he was holding his breath until he felt light-headed.

They won.

Like a bunch of demons, the whole team shouted. Yamaguchi helped Mamoru off the bench as they stood in a line to shake hands.

Mamoru kept a cool face, trying to do his best to shake hands and not trip over the crutch. He followed the others towards the back of the gym by the cart of volleyballs.

"You did it, Asahi-san!" Nishinoya cried out, looking proud.

"You went 'boom!' past Date tech's blockers!" Hinata made some wild hand motions that reminded him of Aomine. "And they went like, 'Argh!' and I was like 'KA-BLAM!'"

"I'm the ace," Asahi chuckled softly before giving them a soft smile. "But you guys are heroes."

To his surprise, Asahi walked over to him and enveloped him in a hug. Being much taller than him, Asahi was almost draped over Mamoru.

"I heard you loud and clear," Asahi murmured, throat tight from remembering. "Thank you."

Hesitantly, Mamoru placed his hand on Asahi's back. They were both sweaty (Asahi more than Mamoru, of course), but somehow, Mamoru didn't quite mind.

"It wasn't just me, Asahi-san," Mamoru reminded him when he stood up. His gaze flickered towards Asahi's warm brown eyes. "The entire team was cheering for you."