Obanai X Mitsuri: Alcohol Confessions

[edited/rewritten: 2/28/2022, first published: 4/26/2021]

Obamitsu Modern AU 

Nobody knew it was going to happen...it just happened.

Obanai never wanted to be the only one sober enough to look after his drunk hashira buddies, especially if he disliked a big half of them in the first place. He blamed it on Sanemi for what started out as an innocent hang out at the bar turning into a full out disco-dancing-karaoke-let's-drink-until-we-die party.

Obanai didn't want to blame Giyuu, even if he disliked him the most out of the bunch, the poor soul was forced to go. T̶h̶i̶s̶ i̶s̶ w̶h̶y̶ n̶o̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ l̶i̶k̶e̶s̶ y̶o̶u̶ T̶o̶m̶i̶o̶k̶a̶-̶s̶a̶n̶

Muichiro wasn't blamed either, but curiosity always kills the cat.

Kyojuro in all his positivity didn't want to disappoint his friends while Tengen in all his flamboyance was the god of festivities and was partly responsible for the atrocious outcome.

Neither Gyomei nor Shinobu went and part of Obanai wished that he didn't go either.

Lastly there was Mitsuri, which was the real reason why Obanai went, but that didn't really matter, what mattered was the blackmail.

Obanai whipped out his phone, smiling maliciously as he took merciless photos of his drunk comrades in the most humiliating positions possible, only stopping to turn over Muichiro's unconscious body, not even sparing the poor child. He sniggered as he snapped a shot of Giyuu's face which was beet red, unlike his usual pale complexion. He made a mental note to send Shinobu that one later. These pictures were priceless, and Obanai wondered if he should sell some to Sanemi, who was currently half awake and talking nonsense.

At the thought, a new idea popped into Obanai's mind. He went up to the bartender and asked for a black marker, deciding that if he was going to take on the irritating task of driving them all home, it wouldn't hurt to make them pay a little.

He toyed with the cap and drew a nice long dick on Tengen's forehead that reached down his nose and several butterflies on Giyuu's cheeks. For Sanemi, he wrote 'fuck you' in big bold letters on his face, gave Kyojuro a fat mustache. He made Muichiro's face look like a clown and immediately felt bad afterwards. He took more photos and realized that he had forgotten about Mitsuri.

He approached her with the marker and brushed a loose strand of hair out of her eyes.

"There, there, kitten." Obanai said softly as he drew a set of cat whiskers on Mitsuri's cheeks.

He chuckled at the childish smile that adorned her features and leaned in dangerously close to her face, "Is this your new way of seducing me?"

As if replying, Mitsuri gave a small snort.

"Your attempt was successful, then."

He stared at her and reached out a hand to her face. He traced her nose and eyelids with a small smile, but immediately retracted his hand after realizing, with a jolt, what he was doing.

At that moment, Mitsuri stirred and awoke.

"Ah, did I wake you up?" Obanai asked and swallowed nervously.

Mitsuri shook her head, "I'm fine,"

"If you're sober enough, help me drive them home." He gestures to their unconscious friends and the singing Sanemi.

"I'm not drunk," She insists.

"I know─"

The air was knocked out of Obanai's body as he was pinned to the wall.

"I hope you're not drunk either, because I don't want either of us forgetting this moment." Mitsuri whispers into his ear.

Obanai's eyes grow wide as Mitsuri leans in, her luscious emerald eyes boring into his mismatched ones. His mind runs wild and his heart thunders in his chest.

He absolutely cannot wait any longer.

Their lips crashed fiercely together, turning every one of Obanai's fantasies into reality. They connected again and again, their moves clumsy due to the complete lack of experience on both sides.

He felt it, the wave of emotions threatening to pull him under and he was sure that Mitsuri could feel it too.

"I love you," She whispered as their breaths mingled together.

He didn't need to tell her, he was sure she understood. He would love her until the sun rose and fell again, love her until the end of time.

World count: 690 words (i'm seriously not joking-)