I pursed my lips and hummed. Atsumu flashed a relieved smile. "Let's sit over there and talk" he referred to the wooden bench placed under the cherry blossom tree near to the entrance gate. I turned my head behind and hummed again.

"It's been a while" he was the first one to break the awkward silence. I held my hands together, fingers intertwined with each other. My heart couldn't stop from racing. Why does my heart feel so heavy? Why do I feel so nervous?

I hummed, nodding my head silently. He kept the smile on his lips still, "How long was it again? Maybe two... Or three weeks? Could even be four" he cackled awkwardly. I let out a sigh. "Let's get to the thing that you wanted to say" I mumbled. The smile on his face faded and he sighed, humming after.

"I know you've been avoiding me. You didn't pick up any of my calls, not replying to my messages, even had me inboxed" he begun. I hummed, giving him a quick and short response. He stared at my side for a few seconds before adjusting his position on the bench, sitting facing to the front. He held his hands together and cleared his throat.

"You know... You no longer have to do that" he said. I quirked an eyebrow. I didn't get what he meant.

"I'm dropping out of college"

I quickly turned my head to look up at him, eyes widened as I was too surprised with that sudden decision of him. I furrowed my eyebrows, implying a why at him and he read me well.

"Too many things happened while you were away. I got benched and that had father to go feral on me. Me gotten benched was unacceptable for him... He even asked me why, what actually happened to me" he scoffed, faking a chuckle. "And I told him that I was acting like that because..." he hesitated. "Because I just lost a person who I love so much" he pursed his lips. "But he was being stubborn, he didn't understand the pain I was carrying. He said that I willed to ruin my career in volleyball just because of this break-up. He didn't know how painful was it for me"

My heart raced faster. The nervousness in me kept rising.

"And that made him to come up with an idea of sending me abroad... To Brazil" he looked down at me.

And that's how my heart broke into pieces. Abroad? Brazil? For what?

"I'll be starting a new life, a new career in volleyball there" he uttered.

My eyes started to get wet. Why do I feel sad? Didn't we end it in a good way? It's been two weeks, y/n. You should have been okay by now. Why are you tearing up?

He stared at me for a minute with a sad look on his face before he forced a smile to hide his sadness. "I know I shouldn't bring this up but I just want to talk about this... One last time" he cleared his throat. "That night... I didn't do it" he shook his head slowly. "I really didn't. Maybe you forgot but I once said this to you; I might be a dick, but I will never fool you. I said this when we watched the movie at your place"

"I didn't really abandon you, neglect you, ignore you. I was there... watching from you afar. I have never begged someone but I did it for the sake of you. I begged Osamu to help me out; passing you the medicines when you were sick, drive you here and there, to ensure you that you eat well, rest well, and live happily. I did that behind you because you're still my girlfriend even how mad I was at you. You're still one of my priority and I can't just let you be just like that. It's just... The ego always won me over. I can't help but to feel disappointed in you when you told me what happened between you and..." he stopped for a while before continued, "Suna".

He took a deep breath and looked up at the blue-ish sky, smiling softly. "I also did think of having my own family with you, y/n" that's how I dropped a tear.