"Sure, just blame her because you wanted to kiss a hot guy. How cold is it outside?" She asks, scrunching her nose up as she tries to decide between shorts and sweatpants.

"Go with the shorts. For the record, I'm not blaming her for me kissing a hot guy." I sigh, recalling our conversation a few hours ago. "Margot he is just so frustrating. I say one thing and he just ignores it and does what he wants anyways. And then he acts like I'm the one who did something wrong because my dad is his coach! How was I supposed to know who he was?"

Margot giggles and I prop myself up onto my elbows. "What about that was funny?" I ask because now I'm confused.

She tries to smother her laughter, "Didn't you let him think your name was Alex?"

"So?"

"Well first of all, you should have recognized him right away because it's Jack Schultz. You can deny it all you want, but I know you still keep tabs on all the top recruits. You're still your father's daughter. Second of all, you lied about your name so can you really blame him?"

Margot has a point; I do keep up with recruits, but I didn't piece together that Jack was well Jack. I look at the stats, not the pictures. I also did lie about my name. Fuck.

I shake my head, "Nope. I blame Eli. If he wasn't such a dickwad, maybe Pritchett and I would have stayed home instead of going to Twin City. Did she tell you they got back together?"

She gasps and jumps on the bed again, "No! You're kidding. Tell me everything."

*********

My headphones are at full blast playing old pop music as I bounce my foot to the beat to block out the sound of the show Pritchett is watching. We take turns with who has to wear headphones and who gets the speaker. It's a pretty great system. I have homework spread out on my twin sized bed from my classes today since I didn't get it done this afternoon because I was with Margot. Pritchett is in her bed doing hers also.

Pretty boring for a Tuesday night, but if I get it done today, that means I can go out this weekend when I want to. Or Wednesday night for margaritas at the only Mexican restaurant in town that doesn't bother checking id's. My fake ID is pretty much foolproof, but it's still a little stressful to use. Usually people flock there on Tuesday's, but we prefer Wednesday's because it's less busy. Leave it to Pritchett and I to find that out in the first few weeks of being here.

My dad would be so proud.

An old Taylor Swift song comes on and I start to sing out loud, using the pen in my hand as a microphone. I push my homework aside as Pritchett shakes her head at me. I smile widely at her and then she points to the door.

She shakes her head again insistently, pointing again and I pull one of my headphones out. "What?" I ask and she rolls her eyes.

"There's someone at the door. Can you get it?"

I look over to see that it's unlocked and it's probably Kelsey from down the hall. I have one of her shirts since she accidentally left it in the dryer that I used right after her.

"Door's open!" I call out loud enough for the person on the other side to hear before putting my headphone back in. I hop off the bed to go where I hung Lily's shirt up in my closet, continuing to sing and bob my head.

Except when I turn back around, Jack is standing there with his backpack slung over his shoulder. He's wearing a purple sweatshirt with the school's mascot, a viking, on the front of it.