Hey, it's Blake.

I was one of the boys attacked. The other guy changed the story up and now everyone thinks I'm a liar. Could you help me?

He hit send before changing his mind. The night bugged him endless.

Who was that woman and how did she have control over that beast?

Who is Bigfootsurvivor_1? Why do they want to talk to me?

Blake slammed his laptop shut. He just wanted to make it to graduation. That was it. That was his only goal in life and afterwards he wasn't sure.

"I'll probably go work at the mill or something." He muttered to himself and looked over to his bedroom door. He was grounded, but it made no difference to him. "There's no way in Hell I'm going outside in those woods again." And now that Carl was no longer his friend, he had no reason to go hang out anywhere anymore.

~~~~~~

It was late and Wade had a shift first thing in the morning, but every time his phone would ding he ran over just having to check it. It didn't matter what time it was or what he was in the middle of doing.

His lady friend had stopped by for their usual Thursday roll around in the hay, but cut their time short.

Wade knew he was obsessed and apologized every time he removed his face from between her thighs to check his phone.

He figured she got tired of being ignored and stormed out after about the third or fourth time, but he needed to know. Wade had written a note on the last page of his website looking for information to contact those boys. It was all too familiar the way their faces looked. His face once looked the same way.

Now it was about half past three, when the message came through early in the morning.

"Blake." He said the kid's name. Wade replied instantly.

Hey my name is Wade Walker and I believe you.

I saw you on the news and recognized the same look in your eyes that I had in mine. My number is below, call me whenever you get a chance. The earliest, the better. I don't know how much help I can be to you, but I know your help to me will be tremendous.

Your fellow sasquatch survivor,

Wade

He listed his phone number and sent the email. He bit at his thumb nail nervously. Probably thinks I'm a nut.

Everyone around him was thinking about it.

How many more times can you ask the same person to recount their Bigfoot encounter?

Wade had to weed through the fake ones. Barely any of the local citizens had stories that took place in the forbidden forest. He had to assure the ones who did, that he was off duty and nothing they said mattered in his line of patrol. Wade just needed answers.

One story he found interesting was an old man named Cliff.

He willingly spoke to Wade and openingly admitted to going into the forbidden forest.

"What are they gonna do? I'm old." Cliff chuckled and ran a hand over his bald head.

He had been wandering about in the woods about fifteen or sixteen years ago. Cliff recalled how sunny the day had been. "It was hot, but not hot hot. Just the right temp. I loved the feeling of going into the illegal woods and camping. I went farther and farther each time."

He had nothing else to do. Cliff's wife had left him and took their kids. His parking lot striping business was being awfully slow. Camping was the only way he felt some sort of happiness.

He had been hiking deeper into the woods. A rush of black fur went by him, not far off. Cliff had gone after it, not thinking. "I thought it was crazy that a bear had been running through the woods on two legs." He chuckled and wiped his forehead. "What an idiot."

What he thought was a bear, sat down on a stump. Cliff stopped dead in his tracks. The creature's fur was torn in places, revealing flesh like that of a human. The creature was huge, it was no man.

"Hey bub, you alright?" Cliff had asked it, not daring to move any closer.

The creature whipped its head around and they locked eyes. It was wounded so badly, half its head was crushed in. It held its badly twisted arm and blood came from its gut somewhere. It stood up and ran, the best it could, away from Cliff.

"I wasn't fixing to go after it." Cliff shook his head. "No way no sir. I went back to hiking."

Cliff carried on, hoping to push the mangled beast from his mind. That's when he heard the wailing. "What in the world?"

Something was crying somewhere.

He followed the noise the best he could. Cliff found a stone wall and put his hand against it. Swearing to the good lord, something was behind it upset terribly. "Hello? Are you stuck in there?"

The wailing continued but got louder. Fear came over Cliff and he ducked behind a nearby log. He watched as the stone rolled from where it sat and a sasquatch emerged.

It broke his heart, the way this beast wailed while carrying another of its kind.

Cliff watched as it buried three things, close to the river and returned to its home.

He had gone unnoticed simply because the thing was grieving.

"It was furry and huge. It had to be a Bigfoot. It just had to be."

Cliff had given Wade a general direction of the stone door. "I would have never seen it if I hadn't heard that crying. It blends in better than anything I've ever seen."

Wade took as many notes as possible. When Randy called him asking to go on a Bigfoot hunt, he agreed. Not because he wanted to help Randy in any way, shape, or form, but because he needed bait.

This thing... This Bigfoot.... If it had Azzalea, then she was his mate. That had to be the only thing keeping her alive. If she wasn't, the beast would have already torn her to bits.

Wade had that much figured out. He didn't know why they were traveling, but they were following the river system. His gut was telling him they would be back. From what he had gathered, sasquatches tend to stay in one place.

Where could they be going?

Do sasquatches have family?

There were always more questions than answers.

Maybe the beast was going to introduce his new found human. Maybe he was taking Azzalea to sacrifice somewhere. Wade didn't really care.

He had a general location of a cave, a grave sight, and access to rednecks with guns.

He was going to collect proof.

If the beast was there and Azzalea still alive, Wade figured the beast would sense the woman's fear of Randy and attack him, his brothers, and they could handle him.

Wade would be high tailing it out of there. Hopefully with all the proof he needs.

Next update will be May 3, 2021!  ~Autumn