12.

A/N - There is a miscarriage at the end of this chapter. I will put **** when we get close and again when it's over!

"Keep hidden. Never go out without one of us and for ancestors sake, leave your furs on."

River nodded his head as his Father lectured him around their fire. His Father would often remind him of the rules and tell him not to go outside. "Just patrol the territory, mark what needs to be marked, do the tree knocks to warn off predators."

River mindlessly listed everything his Father had told him again and again over the years. He was nearly twenty and felt like his parents weighed him down. He longed to be free and to roam the great land they called home, but there was always some rule he was breaking.

"What if a metal beast comes flying over and sees you?"

"What if a storm rolls up and you're caught without your furs on?"

"What if the human catches you in just your loin cloth? They will think we are merely men and not beasts."

There were always so many what ifs. For so many nights he longed to travel the rough country and feel the wind on his bare back and adventure in his chest. He longed to climb to the waterfall and ride it all the way down, splashing into the unknown.

"You'll die. There are rocks at the bottom of that cliff."

His mother perked up, sensing her son's thoughts. River turned his attention to the female as she brought meat from the back of the cave. "Besides, what good will you be dead? We are almost out of meat, who will hunt with your Father, while I'm tending to the baby?"

River watched his mother run her large hand over her belly. It just started to swell with pregnancy. His Father stepped over and took the giant deer legs from her and placed them in the fire. "Your Mother is right, River. We need you here and we prefer for you to be alive."

Duty and responsibility took over the feeling of adventure. He had to be sensible. Besides, if he was going to find his life-mate, he needed to be stable and sure, not foolish. River agreed, but he just wanted to have fun and relax one time, one time. That's all he wanted. He hated feeling like he had to walk on eggshells, just because he lived in the woods.

Night came quickly after he finished all of his chores. His Mother and Father bid him goodnight and headed off into the caverns to their nest. River tucked himself under his fur and peered out at the rock that sealed him inside. "They'll never know."

He waited patiently. The fire by his bed slowly lapped at the log put there to keep him warm for the whole night. It was mesmerizing. Every since the day he caught his Father humping his Mother, he had slept at the front of the cave by himself. His Father insisted on taking his mother into a different part of the cave and tuck themselves away in their own room of the stone walls. River was fine with it. He had two reasons why, the flames comforted him and he didn't have to make up the excuse of going outside to shit, in order to tug on his cock in private.

The thought made his member start to harden. He was almost ready for a mate, he could tell it more and more everyday. River thought about giving himself a quick release, but time wasn't his friend. "I have to hurry." He whispered.

Quickly he stood from his bed and tiptoed to the caverns. He rounded a few corners, until he saw the faint glow of his parent's fire. Carefully, so carefully River barely moved, he peeked around the stone wall. His parent's faced the opposite way. Both still awake. His Father was rubbing his Mother's back and whispering in her ear. River back away. They may not be asleep, but they won't think to come check on me.