A small moment

((((DON'T PLAY THE SONG NOW)))))

"He's Armed. Enemy armed" Jake yelled seeing an alien point a gun at Hannah. "Hannah, Step away from the alien" Tom said sternly. Jake and Claudette quickly grabbed bats and some pointy toys. They were ready to attack. The small alien sprinted under the bed. "NO. LEAVE HIM ALONE. he's my friend" Hannah yelled protecting the alien. "He was just holding a ray gun to your head" Art said. "It's my bubble blower, he fixed it for me." Hannah said holding up her bubble blower. "He's not like the others, look" Hannah said kneeling beside the bed. The older kids followed her steps. They all looked at the small creature. "First sign of agression, I'm takin him out, with extreme prejudice" Jake said gritting his teeth.

Tom's POV

"It's okay mr. Snuggle Lump" Hannah said. "Snuggle Lump?" Lee asked. "Yeah that's what I named him" Hannah said looking back at Snuggle Lump? "He's not your pet Hannah, he's a freaking alien" I said to Hannah. "He's my alien" she said waving at the alien, uh sorry Snuggle Lump. Snuggle Lump waved back with his 2 hands. Poor fella got confused. "Aww" Jake cooed. We all looked at him. Is this the same guy who said he's about to murder snuggle Lump? "I mean ugh" Jake said as he cleared his throat. "Maybe she's right. I mean Look at his belt, I think those are tools. Hey, it's okay buddy we just wanna talk to you" I said to both the others and snuggle Lump. "Come on snugs" Hannah said. "Back up" she said getting up. We all sat back as snuggle came out. I heard Claud sighing Loudly. She has been a bit quiet, well since my outburst. Then suddenly Claud just got up and left the room. She's definitely mad at me. Snuggle showed us a few tricks. But my mind was somewhere else. "I'll be right back" I said as I got up and left the room as snuggle continued to show the others his tricks.

(((PLAY THE SONG NOW)))

I walked to Claud's room. I knocked on the door. "Go away Jake" I heard her muffled sound coming from the room. "It's me your Tom" I blurted out. My eyes went wide. Shít. Shít. Shít. Shít. She heard it for sure. The door opened quickly. "My Tom?" Claud's face appeared. My cheeks heated up. I probably looked like a frickin tomato. No doubt. She smiled looking down. She started giggling a bit. "Come on in" she said moving out of the way. I got in and she closed the door. My heart beat started racing. She sat on her bed and patted the free space next to her. I sat down slowly. "Why'd you lie to me Thomas?" She asked. Did she just call me by my whole first name. I am in deep trouble. "About that, I just wanted to be cool you know. I didn't wanna get picked." I said not making any eye contact with her. "That's the reason you lied to Me?" I'd never ever pick on you, you know that" she said placing a hand on my shoulder. My heart was going to burst out any moment now.
"Y- yeah I know t- that" I said stuttering very badly. "Im so sorry for lying to you Claud. I didn't want to but the situation didn't allow me to" I rambled on while playing with the hem of my shirt. It was dirty. "Hey hey hey Tom look at me." She said holding both of my shoulders and forcing me to look at her. I maximum avoided eye contact. So I fixed my eyes on her lips.
Bad decision.
"Tom it's okay. I already forgave you. I can't stay mad at you for very long." She said as her beige coloured lips curled into a smile. Man, I love her smile so much. My instinct was to kiss her but putting the heavy feeling aside, I hugged her. "Woah" she exclaimed but hugged me back. "I love you" I said very quietly. I felt her body stiffen. "Awe. Haha I l-love ya t- too Tommy" She played it off. I pulled away from the hug. We just sat there in comfortable silence for a few seconds. We were both looking down at our laps. "I never imagined my vacation to be like this" she broke the silence. "Neither did I. I thought this was gonna be one LAME vacation. To be honest, I only came here because you'd be here. And look we're fighting aliens all of a sudden" I said looking at her only to find her staring at me. "Well that makes the two of us" she chuckled. "Really? You only came here because of me?" I asked her. We were now looking at each other's eyes. I somehow had the courage to look her in the eye. "Yeah." She said, her smile started fading. I leaned in slowly. My hands and legs were literally shaking. She started leaning too. OMFG SKSHHSHJSSJSJSNDNDNND. Our lips were just centimetres away from eachother's. "TOM" Jake's sound startled us both. I frantically looked at the door. But thank god it was closed. "Um... Let's go?" Claud asked me. I nodded. "So we're good right?" I asked her as we walked out of the room. She simply intervened my hand in hers and gave a little squeeze. I smiled at her. She gave me one of her beautiful smiles back.

And at that moment I knew I had a chance. A very big chance. 💕